Aiming to expand its position outside the cellphone market, Motorola said yesterday that it would ... Motorola Androids forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Motorola Buys Symbol Technologies-Threat To RIM?

Advertisement

Aiming to expand its position outside the cellphone market, Motorola said yesterday that it would pay $3.9 billion for Symbol Technologies, a maker of scanners and other wireless technology used by manufacturers, retailers and wholesalers.

Motorola, which is based in Schaumburg, Ill., has also been producing more phones for white-collar workers who want to gain access to the Internet and e-mail outside the office. The company’s line of “Q” phones aims to rival Research in Motion, which makes the popular BlackBerry, and Palm, which makes Treo. By combining these phones with Symbol’s handsets, Motorola could make even bigger inroads into the market serving corporate customers, analysts said.

Read Entire Story

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

Re: Motorola Buys Symbol Technologies-Threat To RIM?

Maybe I have a unique opinion, but i look at 'threats' as a good thing. It forces companies to stay on the cutting edge, to be innovative, and to listen to the needs of their clients. I'm devoted to RIM and Blackberry isn't because they are the best at what they do. But, if another company starts to consistantly out perform RIM and their products are better then I'll move to them.
    So it'll be intesting to see what happens....
    good read thanks!