Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 48

Can the Droid be rooted yet? Thought they were still working on that. I know ... Motorola Androids forum

  1. #16
    azstar's Avatar
    azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    12,882

    Advertisement



    Can the Droid be rooted yet? Thought they were still working on that. I know you can easily un-jailbreak an iphone....can android be unrooted and brought back to factory?

  2. #17
    Hank061978's Avatar
    Hank061978 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    187
    Yeah I would love to learn to root, however, I haven't seen any tutorials or instructions on rooting for the Droid yet.....
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0; en-us; Droid Build/ESD20) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

  3. #18
    mobile99's Avatar
    mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Can the Droid be rooted yet? Thought they were still working on that....can android be unrooted and brought back to factory?
    In speaking with a close friend that is heavily involved in the Android Project, this is not yet a possibility. There is some provision in the phone that once rooted, raises a red flag and nullifies your warranty and support.

  4. #19
    rdills's Avatar
    rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Posts
    1,255
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    This is very true but once people see it is nothing more than a PS3 or Wii for your hand then they will go back to the basic, do what you need it to do real choice. The Droid is more like a gaming device. Facebook, Twitter, Email and IM are worthless on the Droid. The Razr gave better IM options. The browser is awesome for sure and if you want a lot of toys the apps are cool too. Don't get me wrong I loved it but it just was missing something. I am sure in a few months it will be one of the top smartphones once they catch up with what people want. Right now it is like the Storm was...The cool new thing but far from perfect or what they advertised it to be. Basically the droid is windows mobile on roids...
    Cmon! Windows Mobile? You wanna take this outside!jk..lol
    But seriously, no way is Android like winmo! If anyone is experiencing lag on their Droid, you shouldn't be, because its about managing what you have running. A lot like your pc and nothing like BB which loses memory just because.
    I think its comical that BB users still have to put up with thier phones forgetting things like a senile elderly. Yet BB hyped for its reliability. I Didn't like the Storm 2 when I played with it. Ancient OS and Clicky screen seems too hard to get used to.

    But yeah I don't miss the memory leaks and battery pull ritual. Its a unforgivable flaw after all this time!

    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DRC92) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1
    Last edited by rdills; 11-24-2009 at 08:15 AM.

  5. #20
    disturkis4u's Avatar
    disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    370
    No rooting on Droid but you can root & unroot mytouch & g1



    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Can the Droid be rooted yet? Thought they were still working on that. I know you can easily un-jailbreak an iphone....can android be unrooted and brought back to factory?
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DRC92) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

  6. #21
    mobile99's Avatar
    mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post

    But yeah I don't miss the memory leaks and battery pull ritual. Its a unforgivable flaw after all this time!

    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DRC92) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1
    +1

  7. #22
    Hank061978's Avatar
    Hank061978 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    187
    I can't wait to see what the Dec 11 update is all about. I am hoping it fixes a lot of the minor (but Major to me) things that every smartphone should be capable of doing. Can't wait!!!! :-) :-) ;-)
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0; en-us; Droid Build/ESD20) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

  8. #23
    mobile99's Avatar
    mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank061978 View Post
    I can't wait to see what the Dec 11 update is all about. I am hoping it fixes a lot of the minor (but Major to me) things that every smartphone should be capable of doing.
    I feel quite confident that they will address these issues. After all in the overall scheme of things Android is very, very new. Given the head start of RIM and the others, there is no question in my mind that Google and the Android project are working a full tilt getting the bugs worked out.

  9. #24
    DjSmooth's Avatar
    DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,080
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Damn, They got DJSMOOTH too? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :cry: The humanity :cry:
    Yeah, just couldn't take the BB OS anymore, one thing that really pushed me over is the fact of paying for unlimited internet access, only to be limited by what the BB Browser or BB OS can and can not do with my unlimited access...

  10. #25
    DjSmooth's Avatar
    DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,080
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    ^^ BB fo life mutha******!!
    I used to be like that , but when I saw a phone sorta like the Iphone and a Bold, and I was able to really surf or click on a link within social networking and actually have it opened I was so there.

  11. #26
    raton's Avatar
    raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Posts
    5,730

    Thumbs up DJDroid ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    I used to be like that , but when I saw a phone sorta like the Iphone and a Bold, and I was able to really surf or click on a link within social networking and actually have it opened I was so there.
    Nooooooooooooooooo...hehehe I'm glad you found your phone that works for you bro. No more themes? Can you make me a theme for my new baby? or you retired too? My retirement awaits until my thread with all my themes reaches a year then I think I'll retire
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

  12. #27
    DjSmooth's Avatar
    DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,080
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    This is very true but once people see it is nothing more than a PS3 or Wii for your hand then they will go back to the basic, do what you need it to do real choice. The Droid is more like a gaming device. Facebook, Twitter, Email and IM are worthless on the Droid. The Razr gave better IM options. The browser is awesome for sure and if you want a lot of toys the apps are cool too. Don't get me wrong I loved it but it just was missing something. I am sure in a few months it will be one of the top smartphones once they catch up with what people want. Right now it is like the Storm was...The cool new thing but far from perfect or what they advertised it to be. Basically the droid is windows mobile on roids...
    Before my purchase I obviously contrast it with the Blackberry Bold and the Iphone, and after careful review I realized that the Droid has some of Both.

    Serious responsive Touch screen (even more responsive then the Ipone 3Gs)

    A physical Keyboard (which needs a little work, but its there when I choose to use it)

    Apps: unlike the BB App store, they are not so darn expensive (most are free) much less than Iphone's App Store, but hey its only been a year.

    Speed, much faster that Iphone 3gs and Blackberry Bold 9700 (The Droid run circle around these two device)

    Email: I have my Exchange, Personal Pops, and Gmail and I have no problems - receiving Notifications all day.

    IM: the Resident messaging works perfectly, Google talk works well also. I'm sure it won't be long before others are available..

    Facebook: Its okay, I get my notification, my News Feed, Friends, Photos, profile and Notifications (is there something missing)

    Twitter: there are a few, I prefer Swift.

    You said You Loved it but it was "missing something" (what is that something?)

    As for your comparisons of game consoles (?) and Windows Mobile (come on, nothing is like Windows Mobile but Windows Mobile, WM have so long ago moved into the "Old school category)

    But Yeah, I am still so Luvin my Droid!

  13. #28
    DjSmooth's Avatar
    DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,080
    Quote Originally Posted by riffman View Post
    You Want to love it even More? Root it and start running custom Roms. For instance, I have a G1 running a custom Motorola Blur Rom with the Sense UI from Hero- just imagine.........
    Yeah, I looked into that but nothing is really worth it yet, I mean you can Root the Droid, but from what I've seen it will only take you back to 1.6 (G1 OS), but when it is ready I'm there.

  14. #29
    mobile99's Avatar
    mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    Before my purchase I obviously contrast it with the Blackberry Bold and the Iphone, and after careful review I realized that the Droid has some of Both.

    Serious responsive Touch screen (even more responsive then the Ipone 3Gs)

    A physical Keyboard (which needs a little work, but its there when I choose to use it)

    Apps: unlike the BB App store, they are not so darn expensive (most are free) much less than Iphone's App Store, but hey its only been a year.

    Speed, much faster that Iphone 3gs and Blackberry Bold 9700 (The Droid run circle around these two device)

    Email: I have my Exchange, Personal Pops, and Gmail and I have no problems - receiving Notifications all day.

    IM: the Resident messaging works perfectly, Google talk works well also. I'm sure it won't be long before others are available..

    Facebook: Its okay, I get my notification, my News Feed, Friends, Photos, profile and Notifications (is there something missing)

    Twitter: there are a few, I prefer Swift.

    You said You Loved it but it was "missing something" (what is that something?)

    As for your comparisons of game consoles (?) and Windows Mobile (come on, nothing is like Windows Mobile but Windows Mobile, WM have so long ago moved into the "Old school category)

    But Yeah, I am still so Luvin my Droid!
    Excellent commentary on the Droid!

    I'm really enjoying mine more and more each day. I'm with you, there is nothing faster right now. Since I was already using Gmail and other services, this was a natural. And if one takes into account just how new it is, just wait it's gonna get better and better in the next six months alone. I have a close friend (works for Android) that has hinted at some of the new stuff coming in the pipeline for the Droid, and it's really awesome. Best of all you don't have to buy a new device because everything planned is software that will be pushed to the phone.

    I'm soooo glad I bought a Droid.

  15. #30
    rdills's Avatar
    rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Posts
    1,255
    Great thread!
    You know, its amazing to see these type of comments showing luv for Android on Pinstack. A testament to how good the very young OS really is. I remember when the G1 came out any mention of Android turned into a bashing session quick around these parts.lol Meanwhile, I was doing unbelievable things on the G1, that the BlackBerry can't do to this day.

    But staying on topic, lets talk about love. Typing this post from my pc, which is connected to my 42' HD flat , remotely on my Android. I just transfered 10 apk files and a 48mb video, over WIFI, from that same pc to my phone in under 4 minutes. Also got Slacker Radio streaming the whole time. Of course I'm in love!
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •