First the iPhone, now the Droid: A hacker has unleashed an exploit that lets a ... Motorola Androids forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

How to Root your Droid

Advertisement

First the iPhone, now the Droid: A hacker has unleashed an exploit that lets a user wrest administrative root control of his or her Motorola Droid smartphone.

The code, which was posted on the AllDroid online forum, lets a user gain root privileges to either Motorola Droid Android 2.0 or Android 2.0.1 version phones. That basically means a user can run whatever themes, gadgets, and applications he or she wants -- akin to a jailbroken iPhone. The Droid, which is based on Google's Android operating system, runs on Verizon's network.

How to Root your Droid

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    This is great news. Now we shall unleash its true power. I'm just waiting for ROMs and themes.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I am content with my Droid as it is right now....there are several home screen replacement apps and free themes that you can use without rooting so customizing it is easy. I would like to be able to take screen shots without being attached via USB to my lappy, and running apps from the memory card will be nice in time...although I have well over 100 apps, themes, and icon packs installed and still have plenty of room. It feels so free compared to the limits of my BB
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Yes, its not for everyone, I like the adventure I guess.lol.. But just to be clear, Home replacements are really just apps that must run at all times hogging memory. Rooted themes do not. And they run thru almost every part of the OS, not just the home screen. Its 2 totally different worlds. Some of the ROMs these developers release basically doubles the speed of a device among many other enhancements. Can't wait to see what they come up with for the Droid. Its sure to be amazing.

But I don't knock anyone for not taking the leap. Stock Android is awesome too!
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Will this work for the Droid X and if you I had read that if I try.to root my droid x with 2.2 motorola has made it so that the phone will brick. Also are the benefits worth the trouble
    ~Via Motorola Droid X~

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Yes you can root the droid x. Only way to brick it is not to follow directions. It not hard, you just have to pay attention to detail. Its definitely worth it! Just a few of the benefits are:

Free wifi tethering
    Load custom ROMs
    Total control of the OS
    Use other rooted apps
    Overclocking
    Remove the carrier bloatware
    Remove motoblur. Some or all of it.

Checkout this thread for more detail on rooting,

http://forums.pinstack.com/f60/rooting-121056/

They have an app out that does it for you in one click now for the DX. Let me know and I'll give you all the info.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Very tempted to try this out. I just got my Droid X the other day.

Do you notice anything like your screen freezing or any lag when using a live wallpaper? Just got mine a little over a week ago and I've run into a few issues such as my music player going nuts....stopping and restarting and then changing sings without me even touching the divice
    ~Via Motorola Droid X~

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    A factory reset will fix your problem BoSoxFan82.

@moderncowboy, I definitely recommend rooting. My Droid X is running so fast and smooth without motoblur and the carrier apps. I love it!

Your always there for me man.....lol. how do I do that? Coming from blackberry and apple they had their own programs.... im clueles with android.....lol
    ~Via Motorola Droid X~

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    No prob! Go to Settings, Privacy, Factory Data Reset. Make sure you have the 2 boxes checked, Back up my data, & Automatic restore.

In case you guys decide to root, here's the app that does it in one click.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=833953

Also here's everything you need to know about rooting the Droid X!

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all...1-10-10-a.html

Thanks man....ill try it.
    ~Via Motorola Droid X~

hvyhittryz no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ok can anyone help me ROOT my HTC Aries from verizon which is flashed to cricket i know i know....please help me...