Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I dont see any MOTO Backflip stuff here except one thread that does not address ... Motorola Androids forum

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Thumbs up Help for You and then for me Please! (with Moto Backflip!)

Advertisement

I dont see any MOTO Backflip stuff here except one thread that does not address my concerns.

Oldie here with more Q about a Moto backflip and since i can remember, I have done nothing but BB so this droid is really throwing me for a loop. I am trying to keep it original so i have not eve sought out how to root it.

I have found few useful things I can post, maybe they will help someone else.

1 Turning off connections(aka Flight mode) and turning WIFI back on(assuming your near a WIFI hotspot @ home, etc) will allow you full access to Android market, not just what ATT wants you to see. There are so many around here, i dont even have a data plan for this and it works fine wherever I find WIFI, with no hacks(trust me after a costly mistake, i blocked the data on this #).

2. Angry Birds RIO, while being an awesome game is a little much for this device if you play it a lot(bogs down and graphics all but die).

3. Email, Market, google talk, HereME, browser, and most messengers all function great with the WIFI only method.

4. Android 2.1 is soooooooooo much better than the older droid that shipped on it!

Now for the help.

I. I have a friend who wants me to test for him, and unlike BB, you cant just load anything onto this droid. From what I have read, ATT is responsible for crippling this device and short of rooting it I may be lost.

II. I have heard something about sideloading apps, but am having issues finding instructions to do so, except some you tube vid that seems to be very popular, if you trust a kid who looks 12 to tell you how to possibly screw up your computer. As my laptop is still very new, i was a bit unwilling to jump off the deep end and "just try it" without consulting some help from some of my friends here. I know that quite a few of you have gone droid, and maybe someone can offer me some help.

I have Windows 7, and have installed Android SDK tools and Moto drivers 4.5 for my 64bit comp.

Please advise!!!!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Hey buddy! You cannot side load on att android phones..booooooo att. Therefore younwont be able to load through apk loaders or through men card methods. If you can root it and install a recovery image you "might" be able to load through the recovery image zip loader. I'll do some research and find a method...if there is one.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Here....pmed..its a link that's not mine so didn't know if should post it. Hope it helps.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Thanx bro, will check it out!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

My TORCH Rocks!

Anytime!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Downloaded, installed and loaded the app in nothing flat. i will tell you i had to hunt down that "Sideload Wonder Machine" but it was well worth it. If I am not supposed to share the link, please remove it, but that was the best ever!

Props headed your way bro!

Now to just find more apps to sideload!!!

THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

My TORCH Rocks!

What apps do you want? I know hundreds and special little places to find them :-)
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I need a screenshot program for testing, and i have heard great things about tapatalk. Prob some more out there i just need the time to look, i stay too busy these days!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

My TORCH Rocks!

So you just want to take a screen shot of your phone screen like a computer screen shot?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I test apps, for BB and now maybe some for droid, need an app that captures whatevers on my Backflip screen, whenever I need to(during a test, game, apptest, etc)

I used Quicklauch on board screen capture tool and Captureit for a backup on my Torch. Need something like them for the Moto Backflip.
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

My TORCH Rocks!

If your rooted you can do screen shot apps.....one I use is called "shoot me"...its in market.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I have not yet decided to take that leap . . . .any other options??
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

My TORCH Rocks!

No, they require root or money....yiu should just root it. Many things that are useful require it anyway. Its crazy easy.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Really? Cause I have heard its anything but easy . . . not to mention if I do that, how hard is it to get it back to original status??
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

My TORCH Rocks!

Are androids going to be a common thing for you now? Arenyougoing to be rooting more phones in the future?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast