Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I tried to search but no luck...has anyone done a side by side type comparison ... Motorola Androids forum

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Droid vs Cliq vs MyTouch

Advertisement

I tried to search but no luck...has anyone done a side by side type comparison of the Android phones?? I'm interested in switching from my 8900 but i want to see a comparison first. I know very little about android (bb user for yrs), so i want to make an informed decision.

Thanks

Hank061978 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I went from the 8900 to the Droid and the difference is day and night. The android platform will take some getting used to but I see great things from this phone. I just got it last Fri. and I am sure I have alot to learn. However, I believe it will be fun and very much worth it.

Good luck in your decision,
    Hank
    Hate me for everything I am before you love me for something I'm NOT!!!

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Droid is running 2.0 to begin with where (in my case) I'm on 1.6 and with the possibility of not getting another upgrade. Droid is a little faster and has more memory. Have no info on Cliq. CNET may have some better information to better help you.

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank061978 View Post
    I went from the 8900 to the Droid and the difference is day and night. The android platform will take some getting used to but I see great things from this phone. I just got it last Fri. and I am sure I have alot to learn. However, I believe it will be fun and very much worth it.
    +1

This is a fantastic device that will only get better with time. Google has a huge following, and all one has to do is read about the flood of Android devices about to be released into the market place. While they got off to a bit of a slow start, they will come on strong as the user base grows, more handsets become available and version 3.0 of Android is released.

The Droid? One of the best is how I see it.

rdeeds123 no está en línea Stack level 1

Comparison

http://rdeeds.wordpress.com/2009/11/...tc-mytouch-3g/ - just a quick side by side i did of Cliq vs Mytouch. Has pics and vids.
    Last edited by rdeeds123; 11-22-2009 at 01:14 AM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have been looking at the Cliq, but what does the keyboard feel like? The keys look puffy.

rdeeds123 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I like the keys, they are responsive and smartly back lit. I can pound out stuff on the cliq way faster than i can on the mytouch.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I have the eris. I love touchscreen devices since my iphone. I don't think you will regret switching from a blackberry.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; ADR6200 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

adamsinger77 no está en línea Stack level 2
    im currently using the cliq and i own a htc dream/G1, htc magic/mytouch, htc hero and will be getting the milestone soon.

so far the cliq is ok.
    the keyboard takes getting used to especially using the dream as my primary.
    the dpad is awesome only for playing emulated games (nes,gba, snes, ect.) but kinda miss a trackball.
    you can only run android 1.5/cupcake with motoblur.
    motoblur is complete sh*t and sluggish as hell. makes me think im using a blackberry again.
    cant turn off blur either but you can just get rid off all the widgets and it wont run too bad.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by adamsinger77 View Post
    im currently using the cliq and i own a htc dream/G1, htc magic/mytouch, htc hero and will be getting the milestone soon.

so far the cliq is ok.
    the keyboard takes getting used to especially using the dream as my primary.
    the dpad is awesome only for playing emulated games (nes,gba, snes, ect.) but kinda miss a trackball.
    you can only run android 1.5/cupcake with motoblur.
    motoblur is complete sh*t and sluggish as hell. makes me think im using a blackberry again.
    cant turn off blur either but you can just get rid off all the widgets and it wont run too bad.

I feel you on the motoblur thing. I prefer basic Android myself. Its fast, smart, and easy to use. Sense UI, blur etc. only complicates things making the phone work harder for less functionality. All for the sake of a few pretty widgets. No thanks. They were very smart not to mess up the Droid with that nonsense!

That being said my new device arrives tomorrow and it comes with a silly, cumbersome, Touchwiz UI skinned over Android! The Behold 2. Here's my reasoning.
    First and foremost, I can use any home replacement and the Samsung cube thing is gone! Rooting it is already possible, but the replacements will do until the developers perfect it.

Ok I'm on Tmo. The Droid is the king no doubt, but I just cant justify breaking 2 contracts for it. And then I saw Verizon's voice and data plans. So i'm stuck on Tmo.

Coming from the G1 to now the My Touch 3g, man I need flash on my camera! At night my camera is worthless.The cam on this phone is special. 5mp with flash like the Droid, but much better quality and features. Also the custom UI on the multimedia sections of the phone are better than Android's basic interface. It has one of the best screens out capable of producing 16m colors. The My Touch screen does 65k, & the Cliq 256k.

So, better screen, camera, multimedia experience, 320mb of RAM, I can't have Droid, and thats enough to upgrade for me.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    I went from a Cliq to a Behold 2, now I'm on a MyTouch. The Cliq was just too much, motoblur, real and virtual keyboard... maybe I was a little overwhelmed with it being my first android device.

I had the Behold 2 for about a week. I might have kept it if it wasn't for the battery issues. It wouldn't even make it through an 8 hour workday! That was with gps, wifi, background data all being off, a few other tweaks. Got the battery switched out at T-Mo, just couldn't wait for an update to be pushed out.

Now I'm on the mt3g and I really like it. I like that stock Android is more customizable than Android with manufacturer's ui's on it. I do miss the camera on the B2, but a good camera's pointless when the battery's drained.
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Yes it runs the outdated 1.5! Tmo really knows how to mess up a good device. You just dont see other carriers shoot themselves like this! "Ok, we'll finally give you guys some descent hardware, but we'll slap a year old version of Android. Crazy thing is, there is a well known battery bug that plagued us with the G1, SO THEY KNEW, and still let it happen. Meanwhile Verizon gets the latest 2.0, & the Hero? 2.1! The B2? details are sketchy as hell! I'm ordering the Droid today myself. I'm done giving Tmo time, time, and more time to get this right. So if the update arrives before my Moto Droid I will keep the B2, the Droid cant beat this camera or screen, otherwise I'm out.

@ganns
    You can say goodbye to your camera at night or in any other setting without excellent lighting. But otherwise the M.T. is a solid device. It served me well, but I could never go back to no night shots, much less RAM, and a lesser screen.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    I'm dealing with it lol! I had the B2 die on me one night at work in the middle of a 911 call; that was the last straw for me. And I'm stuck with T-Mo for now.
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Battery life on my Droid is fair, can't wait for seidio to release an extended. On an average work day between twitter, email, browsing, and an occasional game I make it through the day, but need to charge again within 12 hours. With streaming radio in use I leave it plugged in, that's a battery killer on any device. The worst was when I went to Sedona for a day, lots of camera use and a few short phone calls from my son killed the battery to 10% in 5 1/2 hrs.

I have had my Droid for 4 weeks now and honestly do not miss my blackberry except for BBM, I have so many friends with BBs and because of the memory issues on BB many have no other IM apps But the ones I talked to most I now text. Most of the apps I used I have found a similar replacement on the Droid. For some others I have contacted the developers and they have plans to port to the Droid. Plus there are so many fun apps for android, and everything is so customizable. I got bored with my BB, my Droid is anything but boring!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I have been looking at the Cliq, but what does the keyboard feel like? The keys look puffy.

I have been looking at the MT3G now more than the Cliq but wonder if it will come out with a keyboard. If not, I can live with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast