I was sending out a txt the other day or maybe last night a little ... Motorola Androids forum

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

Droid Tips & Tricks.

Advertisement

I was sending out a txt the other day or maybe last night a little to much Egg Nog, but anyway - as I was saying, during my typing I accidentally held down on the period and a punctuation shortcut box popped up, this may be an Android thing, but it works on my Droid.

Pop-up Punctuation Box:

When typing long Press the Period Key

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Nice find
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional
    You can long press just about every letter, number and symbol on the touchscreen keyboard and get more symbols, accented letters and fractions. Even the ".com" button when typing a web page will give you other extensions such as .org, .gov and other common extensions. Not sure of other models but on the Tmo mytouch you can long press the "?123" key and go to "android keyboard settings" to enable keyboard feedback by sound or vibration or both as you type. Not even the sales guy that owned an android phone knew that one. Wherever you are just try long pressing things and see what comes up. Even the Home, menu, phone and search keys have other functions.

Tucker
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DRC92) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Will the long press automatically capitalize letters? I got used to that on my 8120 when texting using the Threaded SMS app from Empower. And thanks for the settings tips. I hardly look at a keyboard when texting anymore because I know where all the keys are LOL

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Will the long press automatically capitalize letters? I got used to that on my 8120 when texting using the Threaded SMS app from Empower. And thanks for the settings tips. I hardly look at a keyboard when texting anymore because I know where all the keys are LOL
    "Automatic Capitalization doesn't work on the Droid.

Have you checked in keyboard settings(long press "?123" and select "android keyboard settings")? Auto capitalization can be turned off and on along with auto complete.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DRC92) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

Quote Originally Posted by iridemybike View Post
    You can long press just about every letter, number and symbol on the touchscreen keyboard and get more symbols, accented letters and fractions. Even the ".com" button when typing a web page will give you other extensions such as .org, .gov and other common extensions. Not sure of other models but on the Tmo mytouch you can long press the "?123" key and go to "android keyboard settings" to enable keyboard feedback by sound or vibration or both as you type. Not even the sales guy that owned an android phone knew that one. Wherever you are just try long pressing things and see what comes up. Even the Home, menu, phone and search keys have other functions.

Tucker
    Thanks I did go through the keys on my Droid and the are a few that has additional characters: a s e n i o and the 123 as mentioned, as for the Auto Cap, I believe she was referring to a long press auto cap feature like on he BB
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    That was what I was referring to. Holding down the letter key until the capital letter appeared.

Ah yes, you can't capitalize by holding down a letter, it's just by the master control option. Coming from a bb myself I've found that once you get used to the keyboard you can use shift just as quickly and if autocomplete is enabled then many words you would capitalize will already be fixed and when you enter a period the next letter is automatically capitalized as well.

Dj: try holding down your numbers and symbols as well, even in the alternate symbols screen.

Thanks, I will give that a try...