Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ahh... yes the beauty of having more than one smartphone, when the BB goes down... ... Motorola Androids forum

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3

DROID email working just fine

Advertisement

Ahh... yes the beauty of having more than one smartphone, when the BB goes down... The DROID Prevails

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Funny, when I had the droid even when the email was working it was anything but fine.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Emails on iPhone work with no issues, really. Sucks that RIM is starting this crap again. Kinda makes me feel better I opted out for an iPhone this time around rather than replacing it with another faulty unit
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Funny, when I had the droid even when the email was working it was anything but fine.
    You need to change your profile....lol

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    What! Say it ain't so IPhone, don't ya just hate that news today about the next Gen IPhone @ 64 gigs in June 2010? And I like Droid email, full html compared to BB
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    What! Say it ain't so IPhone, don't ya just hate that news today about the next Gen IPhone @ 64 gigs in June 2010? And I like Droid email, full html compared to BB
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17
    I have two lines on AT&T Once released I'll just get that one and sell this one lol
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Maybe I didn't give it long enough or have enough apps for just recieving email but for me it was slow and sloppy compared to the push email on BB.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by bmay82 View Post
    You need to change your profile....lol
    Opps!! Thanks been busy and forgot!

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    i don't understand your dislike for the Android. email is clean, efficient, and nearly instantaneous.. might i add complete? the BB to me was the one that was sloppy. battery pull this, don't put too many apps that. ugh. never looked back after i ditched it for the iphone and never looked back on the iphone after i ditched it for the Android.
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

Maybe I didn't give it long enough or have enough apps for just recieving email but for me it was slow and sloppy compared to the push email on BB.
    I really haven't experienced any of that with Droid's email, gmail has always been pushed right away, and my other POP accounts works pretty good as well. I know BB is the Grand Daddy of Push email, but Android seems to be doing a good job all around, got the Droid Eris for my oldest Daughter (now she would not put her Bold down for a second, I believe if it was waterproof she would have taken a bath with it...) but two days with the Droid Eris and she was sending out Mass Emails "Going Droid C Ya!"

I believe Android is here to stay...

Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    I have two lines on AT&T Once released I'll just get that one and sell this one lol
    at least you have some months to go, I just can't wait to really see what all the Hype is about with the Nexus One in comparison to the Droid, not regarding the 1g processor...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I really haven't experienced any of that with Droid's email, gmail has always been pushed right away, and my other POP accounts works pretty good as well. I know BB is the Grand Daddy of Push email, but Android seems to be doing a good job all around, got the Droid Eris for my oldest Daughter (now she would not put her Bold down for a second, I believe if it was waterproof she would have taken a bath with it...) but two days with the Droid Eris and she was sending out Mass Emails "Going Droid C Ya!"

I believe Android is here to stay...
    I am sure it is here to stay and maybe it was because I was in the Alltel/Verizon switch, but when I had it, my email was laggy and unreliable! Not to mention the look of IM clients being no more than the lame threaded text format and not a true IM type look. I am looking forward to future droids and iPhones but having 9,999,999 apps to make my device work like it should is not my idea of a smart phone. I will say gmail was probably the best email I did have on my Droid.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    My email is excellent on the Droid and every other Android device I've owned. Funny, most people who don't like the idea of letting apps enhance your smartphone experience, are probably using some under powered device that only does 1 thing well for the sake of being loyal to a brand name. Oh well.

I am looking forward to future droids and iPhones but having 9,999,999 apps to make my device work like it should is not my idea of a smart phone.
    Perhaps, there is a misconception here. 9,999,999 apps are NOT required to "make the device work like it should".

Funny how undereducated assumptions can blow something so out of proportion.

TMZ could use writers with imaginations like this

Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    My email is excellent on the Droid and every other Android device I've owned. Funny, most people who don't like the idea of letting apps enhance your smartphone experience, are probably using some under powered device that only does 1 thing well for the sake of being loyal to a brand name. Oh well.
    +1

Well said!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast