Has anyone figured out how to stop apps from starting on there own. When I ... Motorola Androids forum

Hank061978 no está en línea Stack level 3

Calling all Droid Users.....

Has anyone figured out how to stop apps from starting on there own. When I activate the kill funtion with advance task manager free it will tell me say.....19 apps have been stopped. Then when I hit the kill button again it say say....6 apps have been stopped. Problem is I didn't start any apps for it to kill. So how can the apps be prevented from opening automatically?

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0; en-us; Droid Build/ESD20) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I deleted the task killer app, I have 83 apps downloaded, often have 2 browsers, 2 twitter apps, market, games, mail, gtalk, handcent and much more running and I have no troubles. The android OS seems very good at managing resources on it's own. It's hard to let go of the obsessive control as a former BB user. But I have dumped the task killer 2 weeks ago and saw no change in performance, no improvement with it, and no lag without it.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    I read on a few other forums that it's best not to use that app because the Droid OS does a good job at managing the apps on its own. Here are a couple of links on the topic:
    Last edited by cgaliffi; 12-01-2009 at 07:06 PM.