I have called HTC and Sprint for help and have not been able to get ... HTC Androids forum

boho44 no está en línea Stack level 1

Unable to get HTC Sync to install and work.

Advertisement

I have called HTC and Sprint for help and have not been able to get HTC Sync to load or install properly on my HP Pavillion PC, Vista 32 machine. I have an HTC EVO 4G that was purchased 5 weeks ago. I am running Android 2.2.

Other error noted is 2203 database C:\windows\installer\245f92.msi. Cannot open database file. System error - 2147287035.

It loads with no problem on my old Dell Latitude XP. PLEASE, any suggestions, clues or SWAG's.

Thank you.

boho44

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I tried to get all that confusing stuff downloaded and installed too...and without much success and a lot of confusion. What I did, and I think this will take care of any backup need, is to get my calendar and contacts over to Google and then simply (from the main phone screen) do menu>settings>accounts and sync>sync all. Be sure that you have "auto-sync" checked in accounts and sync. It'll sync your calendar and contacts, both ways (you checked that option along the way from you p-c), and you're good to go. Before you do all that check the following:

If you have your contacts backed up to MS Outlook go here:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...001148902.aspx

for instructions to get them into gmail.

If you don't have them in Outlook, simply use the Desktop Mgr to back them up to Outlook first.

As for my Calendar, I had to enter my calendar entries in manually but it'll sync those too once you get them in the phone.

I hope that helps.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

boho44 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks Jblackfish for your reply. The problem I was having was that even after downloading and successfully installing HTC Sync the phone was not being detected at all. So I was not able to do anything. The good news however is that I was able to solve the problem. I tried downloading HTC Sync and attaching the phone on an older XP PC and found that all seemed to work. Therefore the problem was with my current Vista PC, not the HTC Sync or phone. I ended up uninstalling and re-installing Windows SP1. After that everything worked.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Glad you got it worked out.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com