My wife has a new Thunderbolt and it gets very hot. I don't mean warm, ... HTC Androids forum

DPM888 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thunderbolt Gets VERY Hot

Advertisement

My wife has a new Thunderbolt and it gets very hot. I don't mean warm, I mean hot. There is no case on it and it is only a few weeks old. No water damage, etc.

My Evo does not get this hot.

Is this normal?

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    First time I've heard about the hot part, it is also one of the worse battery eatters from a report I just read. I would say this is not normal I would be talking with a CSR at the store about this

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Does it get hot while charging? If so are you using an aftermarket charger?
    Is it rooted? If so check the kernel.

If its getting hot while in use, does it do it at any time? Or does it do it when she is running certain apps?

Do you have a battery widget with temp? If not get one from the market and check when it gets hot.
    I'm gonna crash soon, but ill check back tommorrow.

Get the widget, now that I think of it. I'm guessing its stock, and it shouldn't get very hot. The widget will allow you to document for service, or to return if that is an option.

I'm overclocked to 1.6 from 1.2 and I hover at about 103-105 while charging. I've experienced higher with certain kernel rom combinations, one tonight, where I hit 113. Swapping kernels solved my issue, but if she's not rooted that's not an option.

After all that I guess my point is (depending on the temp) it shouldn't get very hot. If its under warrenty or a 30 day policy return it.

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    I've had mine or about a month, stock and rooted with various roms/kernels and it has never really run hot. I mean it has warmed up but no more than my iPhone or blackberries in the past have.
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    How many apps are running? Sometimes it heats up with browsing?
    It's normal as long as its not excessive.
    The Galaxy S II, that's a burner...

DPM888 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for all the responses. The device has few apps, so I can't imagine that would be the problem. I use a third party charger, but it is hot while not being charged, too. I'm going to take it back to the store. I wanted to check here first so I know what I'm talking about when I take it back.

Thanks to all for the advice.