If I didnt get my upgrade in February for the 8900, I would wait for ... HTC Androids forum

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469

T-Mobile Mytouch

Advertisement

If I didnt get my upgrade in February for the 8900, I would wait for this one. One of my friends already has his hands on it and.... wow. Very nice phone, sleek and smooth. Fast os and of course its Android. Makes me want to switch from blackberry finally. Google voice search was nice, downloaded apps quick (although i did not test it on wi-fi), no bugs. Kinda felt left out when my friend who has the iphone 3gs and the mytouch were playing light saber wars lol. Only thing I didnt like was the speaker. Was kinda raspy compared to mine. But overall nice phone.
    Last edited by lcgtr; 07-20-2009 at 11:31 PM.
    Media POWERHOUSE- 8900 Curve
    When your surrounded by the Palm Pre, Iphone 3gs and T-mobile mytouch (G2) makes me wonder about blackberry.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I seriously was considering this phone, until I realized no 3.5mm headphone jack...I hate adapters and don't want to pay for a nice set of headphones I can only use with one device....so no myTouch for me
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    August 5th can't get here any quicker!

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I seriously was considering this phone, until I realized no 3.5mm headphone jack...I hate adapters and don't want to pay for a nice set of headphones I can only use with one device....so no myTouch for me
    I feel exactly the same. I use my 8900 for music all he time. The headphone jack was the deal breaker for me.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Why can't anyone come up with the perfect phone? Why does there always have to be something missing? The headphone jack was a big mistake IMO.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 07-21-2009 at 01:14 PM.

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    There are going to be a ton of android devices coming out in the near future. I like touch a lot, but the jack is an issue with me. The 8900 will do for now.

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Yep, me too AZ.... How do you have an Open Source OS and then turn around and make the head phones proprietary??? I hate proprietary garbage!!! That's why I hate Apple so much. I was taking a HARD look at this phone (not to turn in my Javelin), but as another phone and whole headphones deal and having no flash was kinda the last straw for me. It's a great phone though....:cry:

I've been eyeballin' a couple of other HTC phones but I will NOT do Windows Mobile under any circumstance. And with a stylus too=FAIL!!!!
    Nokia N900 32GB [Unlocked]
    ----------------------------------------
    Version: [PR 1.3] 20.2010.36-2

Flash Memory: A-Data 16GB SDHC CL6-Turbo
    Overclocked @1Ghz

koh
    koh no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by drew4flt72 View Post
    Yep, me too AZ.... How do you have an Open Source OS and then turn around and make the head phones proprietary??? I hate proprietary garbage!!! That's why I hate Apple so much. I was taking a HARD look at this phone (not to turn in my Javelin), but as another phone and whole headphones deal and having no flash was kinda the last straw for me. It's a great phone though....:cry:

I've been eyeballin' a couple of other HTC phones but I will NOT do Windows Mobile under any circumstance. And with a stylus too=FAIL!!!!
    BlackBerry Pearl owned x2phones (tmobile) then 8310 (at&t) then moved to Verizon for the Storm. Had no service in my Area with verizon which was very irritating. Owned it for about 5 months then moved to t-mobile after I lost the 9530. Bought the mytouch and love it. It is referred to as the Sapphire. Have full control after you do some mods, change the on screen keyboard to the original HTC.

Although all these phones are still in Beta stages, I still enjoy running through a couple.

Downfall. The audio jack is definitelty an issue. Leaving you with the only option to speak next to your phone, taking away from the actual hands free attached headphone.

come2heavy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204d0e10
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/COC10) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

come2heavy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204d0e10
    Don't Worry the phone come with a adapter for earphone hook-up
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/COC10) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

clary33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by lcgtr View Post
    If I didnt get my upgrade in February for the 8900, I would wait for this one. One of my friends already has his hands on it and.... wow. Very nice phone, sleek and smooth. Fast os and of course its Android. Makes me want to switch from blackberry finally. Google voice search was nice, downloaded apps quick (although i did not test it on wi-fi), no bugs. Kinda felt left out when my friend who has the iphone 3gs and the mytouch were playing light saber wars lol. Only thing I didnt like was the speaker. Was kinda raspy compared to mine. But overall nice phone.

I feel the same way!!! I went to a TMO store today and I honestly fell in love!! We upgraded to the new non contract plan so I will be getting T-Mobile's My Touch next month! I can't wait. Ive been a die hard blackberry user but I think the my touch is worth the try.
    ~ Clary~

*Live, Love, Laugh*

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    It's been almost two weeks since I got mine and I soooo like this phone. There are a lot of posters who say "you'll be back" or "good luck" when a previous BB owner wants to switch to a non-Rim phone and I have to say I do not miss my BB. This phone is quick, has so many free apps to download, love the customization aspect and so much more.

It was time for a change and I'm glad I did.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I still love my MT3G! Phone has so many apps, its insane!

wrxboi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    R.I.P
    Im getting mine tommorow,,,MyTouch3g... Moving out of an 8900....
    WRXBOI
    wrxboi69@googlewave.com

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by clary33 View Post
    I feel the same way!!! I went to a TMO store today and I honestly fell in love!! We upgraded to the new non contract plan so I will be getting T-Mobile's My Touch next month! I can't wait. Ive been a die hard blackberry user but I think the my touch is worth the try.
    You switched the plan so why do you have to wait until next month to get the phone? That's strange?