So I thought this would be kind of interesting.. So i finally called to get ... HTC Androids forum

iamlee no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF5DC2

T-mobile Dash.

Advertisement

So I thought this would be kind of interesting.. So i finally called to get my Blackberry Pearl replaced because i constantly would not be able to pick up calls because my phone would lock up. (Did cold boot and reformatted BB Pearl still didn't work). But ne ways, I also have a Dash that I just play around with(the dash btw. is extremely sluggish).

So i popped my SIM card inside the Dash and surprised to see that the BB Internet Service works with the Dash.. called TMO and i asked them if I am getting any addition charges besides my BB plan and wasn't . So thought I'd just share this cuz I found it quite interesting.

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: T-mobile Dash.

That's cool, thanks for sharing! I was playing around with a Dash and earlier this week and it lost major cool points when I realized I can't cuztomize my events in my calendar, meaning I can only set schedules to weekly, monthly, yearly, or daily. >< ugh why!

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

I used to do this when I had my MDA. The BB data is just as fast as the total internet package and is $10 less. Also, by doing this, I didn't have to access the data thru proxies. Which were sometimes blocked depending on where I was.

I have been noticing on other forums and such, that T-mobile is replacing SDA's with the dash and also Sidekick 3's with the dash. It seems like they really want to push this phone out to customers.

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by iamlee
    So I thought this would be kind of interesting.. So i finally called to get my Blackberry Pearl replaced because i constantly would not be able to pick up calls because my phone would lock up. (Did cold boot and reformatted BB Pearl still didn't work). But ne ways, I also have a Dash that I just play around with(the dash btw. is extremely sluggish).

So i popped my SIM card inside the Dash and surprised to see that the BB Internet Service works with the Dash.. called TMO and i asked them if I am getting any addition charges besides my BB plan and wasn't . So thought I'd just share this cuz I found it quite interesting.
    but what you are getting is a reduced amount of information transferred.. which in return doesnt help your phone, it makes it slow.
    Bold - 5.0.0.93 / 8310 - 4.5.0.81 ---- AT&T
    8330 - 4.5.0.77 ---- Sprint

Blackberry's are a lifestyle

jeff.kaiser88@yahoo.com

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3

So what do you all think about the Dash with mobile 6? Isn't this phone the same as the HTC s620?
    That phone is supposed to have good reviews. And with the wifi you won't need an additional data plan.Right?

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    My dash is running 6. I didnt use 5 so i dont know what to compare it to. As for the dash being slow, there are ways to free up the ram using registry programs. My dash runs just as fast as my curve did, with 20-21k in ram space (about 14k out of the box) i can run multiple apps without any slow down. The only real complaint i have about the phone is the IE browser stinks compared to the BB browser, but theres always opera.

I also like to know what the difference is between the 620 and 621. Anybody know?
    Last edited by phatmanxxl; 01-05-2009 at 05:28 PM.
    phatman the phat stacker!