Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by Charlie Hustle whos your carrier? sprint or vzw?? Verizon is my carrier ... HTC Androids forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Hustle View Post
    whos your carrier? sprint or vzw??
    Verizon is my carrier but I've got my contacts problem solved.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

dropinoc no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    313b4f38
    if you wanted to really have wireless sync.. since I can't live without outlook... get Google sync for BB from Google. then get Google outlook sync for your desktop/laptop. I set it to auto sync every 30 mins. this way when i add contact or calender item on my bb it syncs to Google and then syncs to my outlook. the only thing i need to do is back up my bb once in awhile with BB desktop manager in case i need to reload my bb to a new bb or my bb crashed. PS> older version of google sync takes forever. the new one is super fast on bb os 5.0... bb os 4.5 has issues and takes a long time.

sidenote: 4g i was told only exists in Las Vegas and some city in Idaho the rest is still on 3G. Someone tell me this is wrong since I too am thinking of going to EVO from BB. so hard to leave BB it's been my phone of choice since I had the huge BB 8700

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Most likely isnt, just look for the sprint 4g map. There is a downside with 4g, the radio seriously drains the battery. Also There is a huge difference in speed coming from the BB (tour) to an EVO, especially when handling multiple apps. Unless RIM makes a major change, i will be sticking with android for a while.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Hustle View Post
    ............... Also There is a huge difference in speed coming from the BB (tour) to an EVO, especially when handling multiple apps. Unless RIM makes a major change, i will be sticking with android for a while.
    Second that! For the 2-3 disadvantages in my Incredible: no real keyboard, not nearly the battery life, not quite as easy to get acclimated to initially, tc., I'm staying with Android too until BB comes up with MAJOR changes. The Incredible's fast speed and lack of memory concerns are terrific advantages!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

myblackberyiscool no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just switched from a Blackberry 9630 to HTC Evo 4G, this past Saturday!

Sprint is the best!
    I switched from nTelos Wireless.

JRS65 no está en línea Stack level 2
    90 DAY REVIEW - Problems - Some Solutions
    HTC EVO change over BB Bold

Serious sync issues with Outlook / HTC Sync does not work well at all / Solution for me was gsyncit (www.daveswebsite.com) $14.99 (works well)

Battery Life - Horrible for a business user accustomed to 24/7 on a BB, dies extremely fast even with apps killed / Solution for me was Seido Ext Life Battery on e-Bay(makes phone look pregnant), it extends life comparible to everyday use as BB user may be accustomed too. I also use App Killer a free app that shuts down unecessary programs.

HTC just needs to figure out a better sync system for Outlook junkies like me. Other than that I have cracked the screen on my EVO, sweat on it and screwed up screen (TX summer heat), thats it. Got a new one form insurance, I rag them pretty hard. Always have.

I would recommend the EVO to any BB users considering the switch just be prepared to adjust to a Droid world. It's faster, internet speeds are like nothing you've ever seen on any BB model. Touch keyboard takes getting used to. So much more in a smartphone than you have ever seen before. I can access MS Word docs better, edit easier, read files & docs easier. Email is great, I am loving that part of it also.

myblackberyiscool no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sprint had a Nationwide Problem with outages with the HTC EVO 4G yesterday all day!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123