Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I found these. http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...ing/m-p/100237 , http://www.google.com/support/forum/...326b7d4c&hl=en , I'm still looking.... HTC Androids forum

PIN/ID
    Apple

Advertisement

PIN/ID
    Apple

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Thanks, BH. I'm still working on it a step at a time trying to keep notes.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I've done everything I know to do. I even loaded gmail on my BB. There should be no need to do that since all my emails including my two gmail accounts are pushed to my bb. All I can get is "sync failed. Server problem . Please try again later." Frustrating!!!!!!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I know you probably have tried but did you delete the sync app and redownload it and try again? Besides that Im not sure.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Also, have you tried it on wifi vs carrier? Shouldn't make a difference but in speed but just trying to think here.

Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    I know you probably have tried but did you delete the sync app and redownload it and try again? Besides that Im not sure.
    I did. I VERY carefully deleted - rebooted - reinstalled - rebooted - configured and ran, all with the same results. It's puzzling because I had NO trouble installing/configuring, etc. It just fails every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Also, have you tried it on wifi vs carrier? Shouldn't make a difference but in speed but just trying to think here.
    On the wi-fi, I'm trying it on my 8330 - no wi-f - so I can't try that.

It seems like this is one of those things that everyone can do except me - not the 1st time for sure!

UPDATE: If it's any clue, it appears to sync the calendar fine - it's going into sync for the contacts and fails somewhere in that. I have over 500 records so it's large but if there's something in there that's corrupt it ought to tell me that. What is says is "server error."

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4
    have you tried going into gmail and checking if your contacts are there already ?
    also worst case scenario the sprint guy will take your contacts from your old phone and back up to your new evo.

Quote Originally Posted by cabron View Post
    have you tried going into gmail and checking if your contacts are there already ?
    also worst case scenario the sprint guy will take your contacts from your old phone and back up to your new evo.
    I have 37 contacts in my gmail account - and several of them I've never heard of before. In my Blackberry I have over 600 contacts so no, they're not already there and evidently aren't gonna get there using Gmail Sync!

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    the best move i have made was switching from my tour to my evo. Loving this phone seriously. The battery issue is kinda over-exaggerated. I for one have played with the phone the whole weekend, and the battery was gona around the evening time. But after the honeymoon phase, it can literally last the whole day.

PIN/ID
    skdck
    I thought there was no use for google sync anymore. The BIS server now allows you to automatically sync your contacts from your phone with your gmail account. I havent touched google sync since like last fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Hustle View Post
    I thought there was no use for google sync anymore. The BIS server now allows you to automatically sync your contacts from your phone with your gmail account. I havent touched google sync since like last fall.
    I'd sure like to know how to do that. I've looked in Gmail on my BB and I don't see anything having to do with syncing from there.

PIN/ID
    skdck
    You know if you're with Sprint their sprint blackberry site has an option to configure your email accounts. Sprint.blackberry.com
    And inside of your gmail account thread a check box for syncing your contacts. Afterwards it will tell you to confirm on your phone. Then you go on your phone email setting and sign in. It then will give you a confirmation dialog and that's it. Toll start seeing your contacts popping up on the phone and vice versa.

I got all my contacts moved over to gmail thanks to Azstar. She sent me this address that contains explicit and concise instructions for importing/exporting contacts: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...010222048.aspx I'm saved again by the Arizona Star! <3
    Last edited by jblackfish; 07-26-2010 at 08:35 AM.

PIN/ID
    skdck
    whos your carrier? sprint or vzw??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast