Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

so far have to say i am loving it. The texting is difficult to adjust ... HTC Androids forum

amascoho12 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    311840cc

Thumbs up switched from bb 9630 to HTC EVO review of change

Advertisement

so far have to say i am loving it. The texting is difficult to adjust to and i am missing some of the apps i had with bb for custom ring tones for individual texts, i am missing also easier syncing with my Mac but as dm was so limited its not a tremendous loss. i am loving having wifi, the browser is fast and responsive. i have a long way to go in figuring it out as it is so different. Very customizable, amazing camera with zoom that syncs with my iphoto, and syncs automatically with my gmail account, contacts calender and the like where the sync with bb was sub par. looking forward to others experiences

JRS65 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Interesting I am seriously considering the change from BB 9700 to HTC Evo. T-mobile to Sprint I'm not sure how the coverage will compare though. Can't resist the need to try the 4G anyway.

amascoho12 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    311840cc
    to be honest, for me in my area cups and a string are better than t mobile, and browsing with t mobile was like sending a letter compared to e mail. 4g hasn't yet arrived in my area yet, but the browser is faster and having wifi for me is new and wonderful. generally though, i was very loyal to Blackberry and the switch was hard for me to decide. I am so loving the evo that it was worth it too me even with 3g

amaschoho12 well let me tell you...the HTC Evo is one heck of a different phone. WOW, I must agree with you it does blow away my BB Bold, no comparison. I switched to Sprint and left Tmo behind. Other issues with them behind that decision. But so far only 2 days and I can't put it down. We'll see in a few months how it holds up. I can get 4G here in Dallas and the 3G is still so much better than the Tmo BB service.
    Thanks for helping me make the decision to do this. I'm loving it also!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    amaschoho12, were you able to get your contacts, bookmarks, calendar FROM the Blackberry TO the HTC. I've thought of switching to the Incredible (Verizon) and just wondered if one could transfer all that info and not have to reenter it all. Thanks.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    amaschoho12, were you able to get your contacts, bookmarks, calendar FROM the Blackberry TO the HTC. I've thought of switching to the Incredible (Verizon) and just wondered if one could transfer all that info and not have to reenter it all. Thanks.
    Google Sync, Sync all you contacts,mail,calendar with your Gmail account and when you swap to a Android phone it will load all that up when you activate your phone.

jdow2405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30FE9E83
    i switched to droid x.so far so good
    MrS.OfFiCeR

I was able to transfer all Contacts / Calender (MS OL) and iTunes playlist no problems.

Good Info - thanks to both BHP77 and JRS65. As I continue my search for the latest technology I've come across an interesting book and some fascinating information. The book is Hamlet's Blackberry by William Powers. I read an excerpt on NPR - you can too, here. I think we all ought to read it and reflect on a few things, mostly the fact that we're "connected" all the time and how it saps life from us all the time as well. I plan to read it because that's what I do - read books - instead of watching TV every night. Maybe some of you are readers too.

Oh well - the search for my next "phone" continues.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Google Sync, Sync all you contacts,mail,calendar with your Gmail account and when you swap to a Android phone it will load all that up when you activate your phone.
    BH, Do you DL Google Sync to your phone? p-c? both or just one? Never used it - just need a clue as to how to get going.

OK. I got it figured out, downloaded Google Sync to my BB, configured the sync and attempted to sync (manually) twice. I got "sync failed server error, try again later" msgs both times about 20 minutes apart. Can someone who does this try it to see if it's their server or me? Thanks.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    BH, Do you DL Google Sync to your phone? p-c? both or just one? Never used it - just need a clue as to how to get going.
    I use it to sync my fiancée blackberry. I'll try now to see what it does.

Edit: worked as always. I downloaded google sync to her phone. Then set it up from there. Once setup it is good to go. It will automatically sync. The way I first I installed it was to google, google sync, the first link is what you want. Click "download google sync for blackberry" it should pop up to send a link to your phone. Download the program and go from There once installed. I use this as we keep our calendars in sync. That's the main reson for me but it also syncs your contacts and a few other things if you choose.Sorry about the long repines time but I have been real busy today.
    Last edited by BHP77; 07-20-2010 at 09:58 PM.

I just tried it again for about the 8th time and it failed again.

That's exactly how I installed and configured (to Blackberry). I guess icould try to reinstall but it all installed fine the 1st time.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Huh, don't know. Let me google some things to see of we can't trouble shoot this issue.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast