HTC Sensation 4G (T-Mo) is my first Android phone, replacing BB Curve 8900. I have ... HTC Androids forum

esjones no está en línea Stack level 2

Sensation Newbie with a couple of (well, 3) questions

Advertisement

HTC Sensation 4G (T-Mo) is my first Android phone, replacing BB Curve 8900. I have a couple of things on my wish list, and would appreciate any help.

First, how do I create a folder in which to hide all the bloatware that came on the phone that I don't intend to use? I can create the folder, but don't know how to get it off the home screen nor how to move application widgets to it.

Secondly, is there a calendar app that will allow me to create and send meeting and appointment invites that recipients can open and import with MS Outlook?

Thirdly, I want to replace the 8GB SD card that came with the phone with a 16GB card. What do I have to copy (if anything) from the current card to the new one?

THANKS!

Earl

P.S. If you know someone getting married soon, tell them about my wife's website on writing shower and wedding thank-you notes... www.emilyeaston.com

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    1st welcome.

2nd, I don't think you can hide it or get rid of it without root. (A whole other topic)

3rd HTC sync will do what your after. I know there is a third party free one from the marker, but I've got to shoot off an email to get the apps name. My I laws use it and are happy with it.

As far as copying, depends on what you've added as far as data. Get ESfile explorer from the market. You will be able to see what's there and what you'd want to keep. Could copy entire card if you wished to computer as backup anyway. Then you can move what you wish or miss.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Welcome to PinStack looks like you are being taken care of. Thanks Jay for jumping in

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have a sensation here as well; just trying to get used to it for the next 3 weeks before coming up with the final verdict. The 4G is amazing! Off to play with the Sensation.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Let me know what you think cause I may be holding one of those in my hands shortly I hope

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Typing is by far the most difficult thing to get used to after 7+ years on a BB. Everything else is intuitive and super fast.

esjones no está en línea Stack level 2

Going to request unlock key from T-Mobile soon

Quote Originally Posted by tessitori View Post
    Typing is by far the most difficult thing to get used to after 7+ years on a BB. Everything else is intuitive and super fast.
    I agree, and I am REALLY liking the 7 "home" screens I get to customize!!!

How do you unlock one of these? I'm beyond a month, now, so I am allowed to request an unlocking key from T-Mobile. Has anyone else done this, and if so, any problems?

BTW, when I was ordering the Sensation and questioned the rep about unlocking, he told me that the top speed of the Sensation on a non-T-Mobile carrier is 2G speed. Not a big deal to me, because I don't ever intend to use it for data on another network, but interesting nonetheless.

You can use any of the unlock services. There's a chance you can get it through tmo after some time..sorry can't remember when.

When you get comfortable you can try rooting, just don't use HTCs bootloader unlock. Use teanwins.
    Be sure you're comfortable first

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by tessitori View Post
    Just switched to the Sensation from being a BB users for over 8 years. Painful transition, but I'm enjoying the device much more than my 9700.

I am painfully using my Sensation because the battery life, well it SUCKS! I have been traveling with 2 spare High-Capacity Batteries and with normal usage after 5 hours I need to replace the battery. Typing has gotten easier, I love the amount of programs available for the device but the battery life sure is killing me. It was so bad when I was traveling that I ended-up purchasing a BB9900 while I was Italy. Initially the battery life on that phone sucked as well but since updated the OS and things are looking better.

5 hours is pitiful. Is it constantly scanning for wifi? What is the screen timeout set at?
    Sounds like there's something running constantly. Check for apostle that update (Widgets for Facebook, twitter).

Goto settings/about phone/battery and see what processes are eating up your battery.
    Also settings/power and try some of the power save settings.

I just checked what is eating up the battery and it is the screen which is set at the lowest brightness setting possible.WiFi is off, Bluetooth is off, GPS (location services) is off. Yesterday's OEM battery with everything turned off lasted 6hrs and 20 minutes. I just replaced the battery with a high capacity one and I will see what this one does.

The good news is that once I turn off the WiFi and just have it in phone mode I am getting 4 days of battery life with the device.
    Once I connect it to the Wifi and do not run any programs I can get 48 hours out of a battery charge.