I have recently switched from my BB Storm2 that I had since it came out ... HTC Androids forum

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

Question Rooting HTC Thunderbolt

Advertisement

I have recently switched from my BB Storm2 that I had since it came out to the HTC Thunderbolt. I am writing this post in hopes of receiving some help in rooting my Thunderbolt so as to get rid of all the bloatware. I have purchased Root Explorer but I am unable to do anything as it says my phone hasn't yet been rooted. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

riffman no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by magellan0547 View Post
    I have recently switched from my BB Storm2 that I had since it came out to the HTC Thunderbolt. I am writing this post in hopes of receiving some help in rooting my Thunderbolt so as to get rid of all the bloatware. I have purchased Root Explorer but I am unable to do anything as it says my phone hasn't yet been rooted. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.
    Just head over to http://theunlockr.com/how-tos/android-how-tos/ and follow their guide. I don't think they have a thunderbolt pictured yet, but I believe the rooting process will be the same for most if not all of the HTC's. Even though their guides are model specific, I believe if you compare the steps and files used ( visionary, hboot, etc.) that they are all the same as far as the steps taken- Chris
    Samsung Vibrant, OS2.1
    " I do many things well- none of which generate income"
    - riffman