i have an htc touch gsm phone and with rogers i tried flashing and all ... HTC Androids forum

agent47 no está en línea Stack level 2

phone messed up!!!!

Advertisement

i have an htc touch gsm phone and with rogers
    i tried flashing and all the stuff to my phone and tried uploading a custom rom and after like 40 minutes of the progress bar sitting at 0% i unplugged my phone and tried restoring it but it didnt work, its stuck on the tri-colour screen and will not change at all no matter what i do
    i've tried uploading multiple roms and after the progress bar gets to like 3% it'll stop and say either update error or model id error etc and i've run out of options and i need serious help!!!!!

i also get an error saying image file corrupted what does this mean? can i fix it?

hust no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3096DC78
    Try master reset.
    Take battery out, then put battery back in.
    Then really fast press and hold the right and left soft keys and the power button too.
    Until u see boot screen and then let go of power button only.
    Follow Instructions on screen.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

agent47 no está en línea Stack level 2
    there are no soft keys on my phone

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    image file corrupted means the rom file is corrupted/garbled. You will have to download or get hold of another rom image file. But first, you have to hard reset, as per winmo terminology. To do that, press and hold both the green and red buttons. While holding those, push the stylus in the hole for soft reset, pull out the stylus but keep holding down the two buttons until you get the message 'this will erase all your personal data' as soon as you see this, press the center/enter button. Leave all buttons and see waht happens. There are further steps to revive your phone, but only if your device can go through the first step. Try and let me know.
    P.S. The battery has to have enough charge. while hard resetting keep your device plugged to power (wall) source
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by banglaberry; 05-18-2009 at 12:28 PM.