I've read dozens of forums on htc as a modem but non really address what ... HTC Androids forum

DDCTECH no está en línea Stack level 1

HTC Touch Pro - New modem help

Advertisement

I've read dozens of forums on htc as a modem but non really address what I'm trying to do so if anyone can help please reply. I don't want to connect to the internet through the cell but:
    I use a program that dials out through my laptop modem to connect to an external modem. I want to use my cell as a modem to do the dialing. I thought I had it when my HTC showed up in the modems in the device panel but didn't work. I chose COM 2 in the program and set the HTC modem as Com 2 but nothing.
    Thanks

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Welcome to the Stacks!

Does this help:
    http://www.junefabrics.com/pdanet/index.php

DDCTECH no está en línea Stack level 1
    Actually no. That is good if I want to go online but the number I want to conect to is not an internet provider. I understand how to connect to the internet through my cell. Thats easy. What I'm trying to determine if I can use my cell as a com port to dial to a modem. You see I use a program called ITerm. It is a dos program that connects to a building Automation System through my laptop modem over a landline. Its not an internet connection. When I'm on top of a building looking at the HVAC equipment I need to use the program to test it so I need to get off the roof and connect downstairs look at the screen then go back up to the roof. If I could call the modem with my cell while on the roof it would make my job much easier! Is there such a way?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Ahh. I see what you are trying to accomplish. My bad on the reply. Not sure of a solution outside of Bluetooth or wired