Here are some more HTC Ozone specs from WM web site http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...ls.mspx?id=656 Software and Features ... HTC Androids forum

Les
    Les no está en línea Stack level 3

HTC OZONE SPECS

Advertisement

Here are some more HTC Ozone specs from WM web site
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...ls.mspx?id=656

Software and Features

Operating System
    Windows Mobile 6.1; Standard

Microsoft Outlook Mobile
    Yes

Microsoft Office Mobile

Yes

Microsoft Internet Explorer Mobile

Yes

Direct Push E-Mail

Yes

Windows Media Player

Yes

Voice Recognition

No Voice Recognition

Windows Live for Windows Mobile

Downloadable

Live Search

Available as Download

Microsoft Auto
    Not tested

Hardware

Processor
    528 MHz Qualcomm MSM7625

Dimensions
    4.5" (H) x 2.5" (W) x 0.5" (D)

Weight
    4.2 ounces

Display resolution
    320x240 (2.4” QVGA)

QWERTY keyboard
    Yes

Touch/Non-touch
    Non-touch screen

Camera
    Yes (2 MP with fixed focus) No Flash

Built-in memory
    192 MB RAM; 256 MB ROM

Expandable memory
    Micro SD

Battery Life
    Up to 4 hours talk time, up to 13 days standby time

Speakerphone
    Yes

Internal GPS
    No

Connectivity

Bluetooth
    Stereo Bluetooth 2.0 + Enhanced Data

Wi-Fi
    Yes

Infrared
    No

3G
    Yes

Networks
    GSM 850; GSM 1800; GSM 1900; Edge; 1xRTT; EVDO

Connectivity and synchronization may require separately purchased equipment and/or wireless products (e.g., Wi-Fi card, network software, server hardware, and/or redirector software). Service plans are required for Internet, Wi-Fi and phone access. Features and performance may vary by service provider and are subject to network limitations. See device manufacturer, service provider and/or corporate IT department for details.
    Last edited by Les; 07-29-2009 at 01:48 AM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    do you have one? i would love to see some close up pics of it maybe a review

Les
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    do you have one? i would love to see some close up pics of it maybe a review
    Yeah I have one, This smart phone is light weight easy to use. It supports MP3's, Google Maps, Skyfire, it comes with Office Mobile which works excellent. The unit also has Adobe acrobat reader. You can synce your Microsoft email accounts with it. Which i sync my MSN account which is excellent. The camera is not that good, but i do not take many pictures anyway. The Wifi works great with it and is fast. connection is double compared to the mobile connection. It has remote Desktop which you can connect to your computer through a network. It allows modem link. The mp3 trimmer app on it is great you can clip your music to make ringtones. Which is a plus. But I keep getting an error connecting to update server when checking for OS updates. I just think it is because there is not any updates yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Les; 07-27-2009 at 03:49 PM.

Richard1864 no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile

The windows update site is being blocked by Verizon (same with Sprint and TMobile). This is because Microsoft released updates for Windows Mobile that apparently "break" the OS. Microsoft apparently does NOT test their updates to see if they will work with all windows mobile phones (confirmed by both Microsoft and HTC).

Microsoft and HTC recommend getting the ROM updates from HTC, which usually come out in Sep-Aug and Jan-Feb each year.

BTW, the Sprint Snap (same as the Ozone and Dash 3G but no WiFi), Verizon Ozone and TMobile Dash 3G both have internal GPS, but I am not sure if Verizon has it enabled to work with anything other than Verizon's own propietary GPS software.

(Cherri, quick review here for you )
    I have the Sprint Snap, which while not having WiFi, is a wonderful, spunky little phone. It does everything the latest Blackberry does, but has a much improved web browser for starters, no about 95% of all the sites I visit work (even plays most flash too!). The OS is extremely stable (WinMo 6.1), and the camera is actually a 2.8 MP if set to highest resolution and quality of the picture is greatly improved when set to Super Fine Quality.

I can also install programs onto the microSD card, thus leaving the internal memory untouched. RIM's last email to me on this issue stated that this would not be FULLY enabled until OS 5.0 comes out (sometime later this year or early next year, no date set).

Voice quality is excellent, both on and off speaker phone. Bluetooth works great, and is extremely ease to pari with just about anything. Web is great, my average speed is about 725 kps with only 2 bars of signal strength, more than 1 mbps with all 6 bars! Any BB get this speed (genuinely curious, not being brash or anything. Very hard to get speed test results with BB).

I have no complaints about the phone whatsoever, it really works great for me..

Oh before I forget, HTC provides EXCELLENT, FREE support, Sun-Sat 7 am to 1 am EST, via a toll free 1-800 number. And best yet, you straight to a person when calling, NO VOICE MENU!!! WOO HOO!!!

walkiniceberg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21D45768
    Well sounds cool, and I'm in love with the Green accents on the keys.
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

It is very nice, and my phone has BLUE accents on the keys!!!

walkiniceberg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21D45768
    Nice, this is a sweet phone.
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

Les
    Wow That is a great review! I have never been good at writing reviews it has everything i notice on the HTC Ozone. I am pretty straight forward and to the point. The HTC Ozone does supports Google GPS maps with the GPS on my Ozone plus it has a Quick GPS app. When you use it it states it speeds up time to determine your GPS location. This app has a expiration time and then once it does you just need to open the app and click download again. Then after the next experation time you would dl it again. All in all I like the Ozone better then my Storm it is alot quicker on the web and dl's also mine has not froze up on me yet.

smis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    OU812
    HTC has great tech support but I do like having my phone get very hot even when not using it. I had the Fuze was a good phone just did not like the heat factor. I wrote to HTC and they said all their phones get hot.
    Once you go BlackBerry you never go back!

My phone does get warm, but I haven't had it get hot yet. Do you use your phone for long periods of time talking or using the web?

Les
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard1864 View Post
    My phone does get warm, but I haven't had it get hot yet. Do you use your phone for long periods of time talking or using the web?
    Yes, I do and i noticed the warmth too. But i think that is just how it is after extensive use.