I've got the HTC Hero 6250 from Cellular South, and over the weekend the vibrating ... HTC Androids forum

reubs82 no está en línea Stack level 1

HTC Hero said to have water damage; other experiences?

Advertisement

I've got the HTC Hero 6250 from Cellular South, and over the weekend the vibrating motor just gave out. It was working fine; made a whizzing noise while I was typing; and then it died.

I took it in to a CS store today, and the guy popped the back off and told me that the water damage sensor had been set off. He said this could happen from it sitting on a table that had just been wiped off, and "that's why I keep my phone in my pocket most of the time". The sensor did appear tripped (pale pink but still discernible white lines on the sticker), but the moisture detection sticker on the battery was still perfectly new.

Here's the thing, though. The phone charges fine; the screen responds fine; everything else is perfect except for vibration motor within the casing itself. I'm thinking they are trying to game me on a busted piece of hardware because of a false positive on the moisture sensor, but I don't know really know what else I can do. If the screen was messed up, the phone didn't charge, and there were other problems I'd take his word for it, but I'm just not confident in their assessment right now.

Anyone had similar problems with the Hero in general or CS in particular? I'd love some insight on how to get this thing functioning properly again. Thanks for any help!

celind73 no está en línea Stack level 1

HTC Hero water damage

Quote Originally Posted by reubs82 View Post
    I've got the HTC Hero 6250 from Cellular South, and over the weekend the vibrating motor just gave out. It was working fine; made a whizzing noise while I was typing; and then it died.

I took it in to a CS store today, and the guy popped the back off and told me that the water damage sensor had been set off. He said this could happen from it sitting on a table that had just been wiped off, and "that's why I keep my phone in my pocket most of the time". The sensor did appear tripped (pale pink but still discernible white lines on the sticker), but the moisture detection sticker on the battery was still perfectly new.

Here's the thing, though. The phone charges fine; the screen responds fine; everything else is perfect except for vibration motor within the casing itself. I'm thinking they are trying to game me on a busted piece of hardware because of a false positive on the moisture sensor, but I don't know really know what else I can do. If the screen was messed up, the phone didn't charge, and there were other problems I'd take his word for it, but I'm just not confident in their assessment right now.

Anyone had similar problems with the Hero in general or CS in particular? I'd love some insight on how to get this thing functioning properly again. Thanks for any help!
    Hi,

I've got a HTC Hero, carrier Telfort in the Netherlands. Have a similar problem it seems. Had the phone in my pocket when it was raining. After having dried it a bit, it's now working. However, when touching certain buttons or using certain functions (particularly the "back" button), the vibrator goes off, and it the sound is turned off. Haven't had it checked yet, but curious to know about similar experiences and self-help solutions rather than sending it in.