Has anyone having the "low on space" message found out how to eliminate it permanently? ... HTC Androids forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

HTC Android "low on space" trouble

Advertisement

Has anyone having the "low on space" message found out how to eliminate it permanently? The only luck I've had in getting rid of it, and it's only been temporary, is uninstalling Google Earth.

I've been told that there's a dedicated partition for app data that is only like 150 MB and when that space this gets below 15MB you get the 'low space' warnings I've gone in and deleted the "data" portion of apps so many times trying to alleviate the situation without getting rid of the msg I'm sick of doing it!

Just wondered if anyone has determined how to figure out which app is the cause?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Are you running Navigon and do you have GPS on ? kill them J. As well as Facebook and Twitter. Cache build ups terribly...and go to your browser and clean up your cache and cookies.
    Or maybe it's time for a hard reset.

Del,
    Thanks Del. I don't have Navigon and my GPS has been turned off for quite a while JUST to save the battery. I'm about to bite the bullet and try to find a decent root procedure. I don't know ANYTHING about this - even the terminology is foreign to me but I have to have permanent relief from this space problem or move on (or back) to something else! Now I can't even get into my Yahoo email account...or G-Talk - it won't execute!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Try and dl a application from the Market that is able to kill open and running apps and see if that helps. There are a few available.

Del, I've just deleted 20 applications almost without regard to size - I tried to NOT delete anything important but not sure about that either. At least I wrote them down as I deleted and can get them back if I want. 13 other apps had (sort of) "disappeared" on their own. As for an app like you mentioned, I had Android Assistant installed - I like it too - but deleted it too. I rebooted and I STILL have the "low on space" msg. This thing makes NO SENSE. The stuff on my phone currently is smal compared to what I had on it. FB, Twitter, Plume Google Earth, Sky are all gone. I'm going to move on in search of a root procedure.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    That will most definitely help. It´s strange though, for this to happen all of a sudden.
    Try restore to factory settings ? Then all you have to do is re-install only the apps you want. Maybe it will work.

I couldn't get through the root procedure I had - it was clear enough and I must have not done something right. When it came to the part where I needed "Android for ADB" in the device manager, it wasn't there. (I had "ADB" with a question mark so I know it didn't work.)
    Anyway, I reset to factory settings and I'll let it go at that for now. I'm gonna be real discriminating for a long while re: downloading apps that I never used anyway.