Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

My experience so far with predictive txt is deleting my mistakes in my. Dictionary. It's ... HTC Androids forum

EmilyJane no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

My experience so far with predictive txt is deleting my mistakes in my. Dictionary. It's easier for me to just pay more attention. I'm not as fast as in BB keyboard. Battery life looking up. Several "fixes" see if I can find website. Just matter of plug in charge to full green light, immediate unplug/recharge x 3. Not a deal breaker, must admit. Go for the 30 day trial! May be worth the restock fee to you. Just my two cents. Good luck! Oh, one last comment, call quality not as good as BB, at least on my end. I'm told I sound clear as a bell by peeps I'm speaking to. Infrequent but annoying.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm sure battery life is something of an issue w/ the larger screens and I'll bet you get better at the keyboard once you adjust to it. On the phone, the quality should be good on ALL of them (both ways) - after all, these are supposed to be phones! Thx for posting.

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    texting does get better over time. Coming from a BB (tour) to andriod (evo) took a bit of adjustment with the virtual keyboard. But now three weeks in, im almost as good as with a regular keyboard. It takes some getting used to, but not a biggie at all. The speed is ridiculous, and yes the screen is prolly what eat up the battery. Especially if you have Live backgrounds.

shawteerok no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well I must have been a very good girl cause I got my Incredible a week after I ordered it! Or maybe the supply finally caught up with the demand. LOL! I've had a week to play with my Incredible and I have to say I am in no way disappointed with my decision. I've enjoyed getting used to the Android OS compared to the BB. I like being able to customize my phone just about anyway I want and having so many applications available to help me in that task. And this phone is FAST! I know you hear people talk about it but when you see it for yourself it's nothing short of incredible. Web pages load faster on my DINC then they do on my current laptop. As far as battery is concerned I've been charging it twice a day but I've been using it a lot since I got it right before I went on vacation - checking email, downloading apps, playing games, watching youtube, streaming music and taking pics and vids with the awesome 8MP camera. I'm sure when I'm back at work where I can't play with it as much the charge will last a full day. I am officially an Android convert but thanks BB for the good times we did have.

Well, I need to update my profile: I've traded in my 8330: my security blanket, tactile keyboard, insufficient memory, frequent hour glass/poky-slow processing and all the rest that was familiar to me for the Incredible.

After 24 hours with it I'm impressed with the speed of it. There's going to be a transition period for sure. Some of the things I "just did" on the Blackberry I now have to rethink. For me, the on-screen keyboard is probably going to be the biggest change to adjust to - although very sensitive, I don't find typing on it very fast, just easy. I've managed to locate most of the things that I had and want to continue on the Incredible. Still working at it though. I've got 29 days to decide for sure but I can't imagine giving up the processing speed - that's what makes it 'incredible' to me. More to come....
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Well, I need to update my profile: I've traded in my 8330: my security blanket, tactile keyboard, insufficient memory, frequent hour glass/poky-slow processing and all the rest that was familiar to me for the Incredible.

After 24 hours with it I'm impressed with the speed of it. There's going to be a transition period for sure. Some of the things I "just did" on the Blackberry I now have to rethink. For me, the on-screen keyboard is probably going to be the biggest change to adjust to - although very sensitive, I don't find typing on it very fast, just easy. I've managed to locate most of the things that I had and want to continue on the Incredible. Still working at it though. I've got 29 days to decide for sure but I can't imagine giving up the processing speed - that's what makes it 'incredible' to me. More to come....
    Congratulations on your new Incredible! Looking forward to hearing updates on it. I went from an "older" BlackBerry to my current 9700 Bold about 4 months ago and am very happy with it. There's no more hourglass, no more memory leak, a theme change takes only a couple of seconds as opposed to the 90 seconds or so it took on the older devices, a much faster processor.. Starting with the 8520 Curve RIM seems to have dealt with the nagging "problems" we had grown accustomed to on our Berrys.

Anyway, enjot your HTC!

Thanks, Mark. Good to hear you're rid of some of the nagging problems with your 9700 and, hopefully, the 9800 will be better yet. I do love Blackberrys, I guess mostly because it's what I know and can use without giving it much thought simply because of the years I've spent with one or more. I DO still have my prepaid 8120 that I use via wi-fi - can't afford or justify two data plans so that's gonna it for BB for a while.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PaulSch no está en línea Stack level 1
    My mind too has been wondering towards thoughts of having something more. I'm currently on the Storm 2 and it works for me but just not exciting anymore. I really want a better interface and media player. Disillusioned with RIM and VZW at the moment. I have a co-worker that has the Droid X 50 inch plasma... lol It's just too big for me. Thought about the Incredible. The BB works for business and that's important to me. So how does the Incredible work as far as a business tool? The other thing is that I'm not sure I want to shell out full retail since I just got this already outdated BB back in Feb and another line just isn't practical. Any thoughts? Should I hang for a while and hope that RIM has something exciting in store for VZW customers in the near future?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Congrats on your new Incredible JB! Give it some time, get used to the change. I think you'll love it once you really get into it. And if you decide you hate the touch keyboard, maybe the Droid 2 will be out before your 30 days are up so you can switch
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Thanks, Astar! I'm working on it.

PaulSch, I think the Incredible would work in a business situation once you make the transition. I haven't found anything it can't do that I need so far. I'm not a gamer and there are plenty of apps for it to use in place of the BB apps. There WILL be an amount of time though that you will need to learn the simple difference. They are fairly basic but not necessarily obvious in every case. If you DO plan to do it I'd plan to try to activate on a Friday night and use the weekend to get it set up and going. If you devote the time to it you can do it. After a couple of casual days with mine - casual, because I didn't have the total time to devote to it - I feel that I have a grasp of it and can get there eventually. I had a little help so if you can get in touch with someone who can help you (sort of) on the spot that would get you going quicker. We can help some here - I just don't know that someone will be available RIGHT THEN when you're trying to get going. Good luck in your decision.

Thanks JB! I'm not too worried on getting up to speed (technology has always come easy for me). I've learned that it does take some time to get down and dirty with a device. Sometimes it takes longer than 30 days. The WOW factor doesn't wear off in 30 days! It's only then do you realize whether this thing will or won't work for you in the long run. When the Storm 2 came out there were a lot of thumbs up. Now you have to struggle to find a thumb up for it! I'm just a bit disillusioned with the choices that I have with VZW right now. Although I've learned to live with the quirks of the Storm 2 AGAIN like I did with the first Storm, I'm looking for a better UX. The Storm 2 not getting OS6 was the final nail for the this BB, maybe even RIM in general for me. Just not sure the choices out there will satisfy what I'm looking for. Thanks again JB!

Paul, Ultimately, I think we all have to study the device, read reviews and user opinions and perhaps go into the stores and do a little "study" time with them. After that, it's whatever you "feel" is the best choice is - go with that. I don't know your particular needs but as long as you keep them in mind while you do your research I believe you'll make the best decision for you. Good luck - let us know what you decide either way.

Wow! I re-read my post and suddenly started wondering how did I get so spoiled. Some 14 years ago I was very happy with my StarTac! What happened to being happy with the simple things? Kinda funny how as technology improves we expect more from it. I'll let you know what I end up doing. Thanks again JB!

Yep. I remember the Star Tac too. Couldn't WAIT to get one at the time. We're all spoiled in that sense. If you think about it, the internet hasn't really been around much longer than that either. I'm a little older than many of the PS users - I remember being stunned the 1st time I saw the IBM P-C demo'd. Now we take it all for granted and kids will never know the difference. Life rolls on.

Ha! Remember Prodigy and 1200 bps modems? Only way to get out to the www and USENET. That and AOL. Yup! Not too long ago! First PC was my School's Commodore PET computer. Yeah, we do take this all for granted!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast