Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Anyone switch from Blackberry to the Incredible recently who would care to write about it. ... HTC Androids forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

BB to HTC Incredible

Advertisement

Anyone switch from Blackberry to the Incredible recently who would care to write about it. I'd be interested to know what successes and failures you enjoyed/suffered through. No question the Incredible is faster and has lots of memory, better camera, etc. Just wondering about the transition and how painful (or not) it is for someone on Pinstack.

I'm getting to the point where I HAVE to get a new phone! Although I'm still leaning toward the 9650 I've seen how fast the Incredible is so I'm looking for info. I may just give it the good ol' 30-day trial and see what happens. I at least want to know what I'm passing on if I stay with Blackberry.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4
    My buddy has just gone from the 8900 to the incredible. He love the speed, and apps plus everything else the incredible does but is not totally satisfied....he says battery life is poor and he does care too much for the virtual keyboard.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    There are many keyboards to choose from. Battery life is ok but you will need a charger handy if you are a heavy user by 2-3 o'clock. It's a nice phone. Give her a run if you can find one. I will say that the screen is great inside but is junk outside. Keep in mind that if you have any issues after the 30 days you will be hard pressed to find one to exchange it with. If my brother doesn't want mine I'm going to post it For Sale. Let me know if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxFan82 View Post
    My buddy has just gone from the 8900 to the incredible. He love the speed, and apps plus everything else the incredible does but is not totally satisfied....he says battery life is poor and he does care too much for the virtual keyboard.
    I played with the virtual keyboard and, although it seemed very responsive, it WOULD take some getting used to for me too.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    .........I will say that the screen is great inside but is junk outside........
    What do you mean "junk on the outside?" ...and FYI, I won't ever buy a used phone for my primary phone again. I've been down the road with a broken phone with no warranty and I won't travel that one again. Thanks anyway - I appreciate your comments.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Hey j what bhp meant was: don't take into the sunlight ! You won't be able to see anything on it...

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Hey j what bhp meant was: don't take into the sunlight ! You won't be able to see anything on it...
    Thanks for the clarification, Del. Literal me, I interpreted inside to be "internal" and outside to be "external." I've heard before that you can't see anything when in the sun. BTW, you and I have talked about this before - can you believe I'm still waffling over all this crap? I'm going to talk with a Verizon rep that I trust tomorrow and try to settle all this mess. Wish me luck. Did you see my mention of "Hamlet's Blackberry" in this thread, post #9? Check it out.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 07-20-2010 at 11:40 AM.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Good luck J.
    I'll look into your other "Shakespearian" book later today...

Good luck J.
    I'll look into your other "Shakespearian" book later today...
    Check it out, Del. It's not a 'Shakespearian" book - it's a book about how technology, regardless of the era, has overwhelmed its era's citizens. IMO it's never been more true but its examples goe back centuries. One object of the book is to teach people that they can disconnect once in a while for a breather.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I got it J. I meant Shakespeare figuratively... Hamlet !

I got it J. I meant Shakespeare figuratively... Hamlet !
    Just making sure you didn't avoid it thinking it was actually the old bard himself - I probably would've.

shawteerok no está en línea Stack level 2
    I've spent plenty of time myself deciding to make the jump from my bb curve to the incredible but finally yesterday the incredible won! LOL! At first I was going to get the storm but after months of research and reviews I decided against the storm for the incredible. I considered myself a bb user for life but unfortunately they can't compete with android phones in my opinion. I'd be happy to let you know how I like it when I eventually get my new phone in late August. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by shawteerok View Post
    I've spent plenty of time myself deciding to make the jump from my bb curve to the incredible but finally yesterday the incredible won! LOL! At first I was going to get the storm but after months of research and reviews I decided against the storm for the incredible. I considered myself a bb user for life but unfortunately they can't compete with android phones in my opinion. I'd be happy to let you know how I like it when I eventually get my new phone in late August. LOL!
    I'll be interested to hear how well you make the transition - the speed of the processor and extra memory must be a real plus. You can post in here - I'll be watching.

EmilyJane no está en línea Stack level 1

8330 to Incredible

Took the leap! Never looked back. True. Screen visibility poor in bright sunlight. Keyboard took some getting used to. Many txt. Msgs required correction, mostly due to predictive text, and a new user's failure to proof. Battery life dismal compared to BB, but otherwise happy with choice. And when I'm missing BB, I just pick up hubby's. He gave up his 8330 for Eris, returned for Storm2. Eris battery life was horrible, failing by Noon. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by EmilyJane View Post
    Took the leap! Never looked back. True. Screen visibility poor in bright sunlight. Keyboard took some getting used to. Many txt. Msgs required correction, mostly due to predictive text, and a new user's failure to proof. Battery life dismal compared to BB, but otherwise happy with choice. And when I'm missing BB, I just pick up hubby's. He gave up his 8330 for Eris, returned for Storm2. Eris battery life was horrible, failing by Noon. Hope this helps!
    EmilyJane, Thanks for posting your change - please keep posting as you have more. On the predictive text, can you alter that to suit your specific texting/style or is it "use what comes with the software?" Also, how "dismal" is your battery life?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast