Ok so I never used windows mobile, never used an HTC, I love my blackberry... ... HTC Androids forum

Rajinn no está en línea Stack level 2

BB Pearl to a HTC Tilt2 (Touch Pro2)

Advertisement

Ok so I never used windows mobile, never used an HTC, I love my blackberry...
    I decided to test run the HTC since it was nice looking and I was swapping to a Bold2 as it just caught my eye!

So far - HATE the keyboard, HATE the onscreen keyboard (both), and HATE the menu system... it'll grow on me

Battery life is driving me nuts, dies soo fast!
    No service at my home (nothing new)
    How do people type on touchscreens with fat fingers? seriously? I have big hands but they aren't obnoxious in size and I have no idea how most would use this phone (females wouldnt have problems)

Ok, so I have no idea what apps to get, I do know I need to find some of my msgers as well as irc, and preferably a few games to pass the boring time.

I got 30 days - what MUST i have on windows mobile to enjoy it?
    How customizable is it? Can I change my keyboard to be bigger buttons (the touch one duh) or can I even change the theme? This thing is hard to navigate!

Any recommendations would be helpful! Thanks!

On the plus side its very pretty, the interface is very pretty too. However the phone feels sluggish compared to the blackberry, i blame windows!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm still debating the switch myself. Maybe these will help.

For battery life, try this http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/basi17htp2.htm

For apps, try the Windows Marketplace for Mobile here http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...rketplace.mspx

For your IM needs, get this http://www.beejive.com/winmo/

One game I used to LOVE on Windows Mobile is this http://www.smartboxdesign.com/farkleppc.html I had it on a Dell Axim X50 and an HP iPAQ 6315. Kept me entertained for HOURS

Microsoft MyPhone for syncing http://myphone.microsoft.com/mkweb/S..._WP_Quicklinks

Windows Live (bing) search engine

Active Sync or Window Mobile Device Center (depends on your PC's OS) http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...etstarted.mspx
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 11-24-2009 at 12:57 AM.

Cool you just saved me 2 days of googling, thanks!

I got the deal that the manager waiver the restocking fee (10%) if I don't like the phone because nobody had bought it yet and he wanted to get some feedback, otherwise I'd have a BB Bold 9700 atm, but I figured its a free test run, the worst that can happen is I exchange it for a better phone.

The whole sales department was pitching me the iPhone like crazy though, those cultists!

Ok so I gave it another run today, more used to the interface and typing on it - however I still cant figure out how to get rid of the stupid crap:
    -it "notifies" me when i send a text (interrupting whatever I'm doing and playing music.. yay)
    -I have 4 billion icons i do not need, much less on the main screen
    -I cant disable popup notifications of ... everything, sure if im browsing the web tell me I got a msg, if I'm texting the person who sent me the msg - NOT SO MUCH
    -Remote Desktop does not work, I don't blame the phone for it, but it still doesn't work
    -Had to do a battery pull when I received 2 texts from 2 different people at the same time and hit "view"... poor windows

I'm sure I've forgotten something but hopefully I can figure these out (gonna go read through the forum and look up some WM stuff see if I can't fix some problems)

cb4studabaker no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think u can get skyfire for tat you should get skyfire n delete stuff u don't like maybe it'll operate better

plucks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2180BB67
    I've been looking for a thread like this...should have just come here first!
    I too am thinking about a switch from the Pearl, which is my fav phone out there.

Can any figure out about the text popups getting disabled?
    Does the phone freeze up as bad as the AT&T review site says?
    This phone isn't exactly cheap and the 3.2mp camera is pretty weak i have heard.
    Is it easy to make your own ringtones, etc?

So far this thread isn't making me want the phone much, but i'm so enticed b/c of the full keypad...i hate touch screen phones.

edit: oh yeah, and the headphone jack is just a bad design...

sorry i could answer everything you needed haha.

the annoying text popup can be disabled by editing your registry, or you can download the sms-notification-fix.cab from xda-dev
    my phone doesnt freeze often, however i do have to treat it as windows which is the only time it goes off is by freezing and hitting the reset button. i can jam it up if i try without much effort, but on normal use it does very well for 2-3 days straight then i have to reset it.
    the 3.2mp camera takes great pictures but has no flash, it seems to have more clarity if you upgrade your ROM.
    i only use vibrate but it shouldnt be too hard...

the full keyboard is nice, but i really enjoy the "swype" soft keyboard.

headphone jack is horrid design, i only use it in my gf's car so i leave the dongle in her glove compartment.

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    "the full keyboard is nice, but i really enjoy the "swype" soft keyboard."

Can you point me to where you got the "swype" keyboard?! I want it for my HTC Pure......thanks!