I just received my new at&t Tilt with Blackberry Connect built in. I thought I ... HTC Androids forum

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID

at&t Tilt - My Journey for the next 7 days.

Advertisement

I just received my new at&t Tilt with Blackberry Connect built in. I thought I would post each day how its going using the new device for the next 7 days.

Day 1

Unboxing - excitement is in the air, new toy.

First thoughts - Wow this thing is heavy.. talk about carrying around a brick.
    Blackberry Connect is functioning. There is no BB messenger, IM programs don't work on wifi. If you have wifi on the only thing that works is the browser. Sound profiles are difficult to setup. I use profiles religiously. Vibrate for work, Phone only at night, and Alarm set for 6am. Using my blackberry as backup alarm since I turned all sound off the Tilt cause it got to noisy. More to follow tomorrow on day 2. Holding my curve next to me as the Beast(Tilt) charges for the night.

-------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

harm_dzines no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: at&t Tilt - My Journey for the next 7 days.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ sweet

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

It looks like the dash....
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

I actually thought it was smaller and less heavier compared to the 8525, the blackberry connect is quite interesting, but still doesnt beat the functionality of the BB
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

PIN/ID

Day 2 - I made it to lunch time. Then switched back to my 8320. I will still use my tilt as a test device. Today I found out that when going from wifi to edge you have to turn the proxy on and off. Battery life seems good. All day on and its down to 1/4 used. Will test more tomorrow. Still seems slow when pulling up email or changing screens.
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

PIN/ID

Day 3.. screw this.. I think I pulled a muscle picking it off my desk.. It weighs a ton. If your a pocket pc lover then yes its great. If your looking for a blackberry replacement keep on looking.
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

What are(if any) the advantages of this over the blackjack?
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Quote Originally Posted by jrockett
    What are(if any) the advantages of this over the blackjack?
    I haven't had a chance to play with this device but I have used many WM PPC phones. I say the biggest advantage is having a full smartphone as opposed to a water down version. Example: One big feature the Blackjack and most smartphones (WM) lacks is copy/paste. I know you can achieve it by installing a 3rd party app but I think it should be a standard feature of any PDA. The other thing I like about a PPC is the touch screen. It's just seems more efficient when using it. The keypad on the Blackjack is also known to be sluggish. I used to have to wait for the keypad to play "catch up" with me when texting.

Most people that choose a Smartphone over a PPC really like the size of a Smartphone. I don't mind the size of a PPC because I know I am getting the most out of my device.

Most of the feature are similar tho. And obviously the Tilt has wifi and the Blackjack doesn't. All in all, I say if you are going to use a WM device get a PPC but they are both nice. Esp if you like random freezes and lockup that require reboots

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Any updates/conclusions to using the Tilt?