I am the BES Admin for my company. I will be demoing the Tilt with ... HTC Androids forum

BBFixer no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASK

AT&T Tilt with BB Connect

Advertisement

I am the BES Admin for my company. I will be demoing the Tilt with BB connect to see how performance and functionality compare to a regular BB (personaly, I use 8310)

I am just curious of anyone's thoughts who are already using the Tilt with BB connect. Easier to use? Harder to use? I come from a wireless device support background so I understand WM6 is alot different to navigate (harder to navigate that is) But I am curious if anyone prefers it over a BB?

Thanks.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: AT&T Tilt with BB Connect

sorry don't know about this just bumping it for others to hopefully help ya.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

I personally have never used a Tilt but about a month ago when I went into a AT&T store to purchase my Pearl one of the sales guy's was trying to talk me into being a Tilt. He said it was much better then the BB's and I should look into buying one. I'm guessing he had a Tilt of his own, but after researching some more I still went with the Pearl and I've very happy with it. I hope I helped.
    ~Lauren

Sems no está en línea Stack level 1

I have used many Windows Mobile devices (back from Pocket PC 2000 days) and I have to say a Windows Mobile device is much more flexible.

First, there is two flavors, Pocket PCs (or in Windows Mobile 6 world, called Windows Mobile 6 Professional and Classic, Pro being with phone functionality as well) and Windows Mobile 6 Standard, which is same as Smartphone edition from older WM OS. The major difference being a touch screen in Pro and Classic, whereas Smartphone does not have one.

From usability perspective, a touch screen to me is far more quicker to use than a non-touch screen. With that said, of course, it is harder to use such a device with single hand. That's where the additional buttons and/or keyboard come handy. Also there is far too many applications available for a Windows Mobile device, from GPS to utilities, games to business applications. You can save and edit Office documents easily. Paired with an Exchange 2007 server, you can view HTML emails and do a search on the server. (This is upcoming in BES 4.1.5 release for Blackberry users)

With that said, Blackberry Connect has its flaws. For one thing, you cannot send PIN messages (receiving is fine). Depending on carrier, you might have to turn off the connection to blackberry.net APN and switch to your carrier's Internet APN for Internet enabled apps, not all of them is capable of using MDS. Some carriers/devices allow multiple APN connections, such as HTC Excalibur (also known as T-Mobile Dash), which comes very handy. All the other sync functionality is there (calendar, contacts, email, notes and tasks). If you are using BES, you will have the Blackberry Browser as well (Internet Explorer uses MDS like a proxy).

I have used a Tilt long time and it is a great device. It can be bulky at first, but with its functionality, including HSDPA support, it works great. One down side is the battery life, but it can survive a day for me after moderate use (whereas my 8300 survives two days).

All in all it is a matter of personal choice. If I didn't have to carry a Blackberry device due to work (I am one of the BES admins), I probably wouldn't have one.

aquinoent1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by BBFixer View Post
    I am the BES Admin for my company. I will be demoing the Tilt with BB connect to see how performance and functionality compare to a regular BB (personaly, I use 8310)

I am just curious of anyone's thoughts who are already using the Tilt with BB connect. Easier to use? Harder to use? I come from a wireless device support background so I understand WM6 is alot different to navigate (harder to navigate that is) But I am curious if anyone prefers it over a BB?

Thanks.
    I am interested in how your demo went? I am a BES Admin and would like to switch from a BB Pearl to the Tilt. I prefer Windows Mobile over the BB OS. Do you need to install any software on the BES Server or can the Tilt be activated thru BB Connect just like a BB is activated? Generate a password and activate the device? I would like to switch to the Tilt and use it on our BES server but do not want to install any additional software on our BES which may affect my other users. They could not live without the crack for much time.

Look forward to your response.

dafst3r no está en línea Stack level 1

how to reinstall BB connect on a HTC tilt?

I installed the BB connector and it was working just fine but the WM6 crashed and i had to do a hard reset and lost everything... and now i cant reinstall BB Connector.. can anybody help me please?