Yesderday we interviewed Michael J. Averbach of Dynoplex (now QuickOffice) about their coming new document ... WES Coverage forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

WES 2008: Quickoffice & DynoPlex Announce Native Office Doc Support

Advertisement

Yesderday we interviewed Michael J. Averbach of Dynoplex (now QuickOffice) about their coming new document solution for BlackBerry.

Today Quickoffice, the leading global provider of mobile office productivity software and solutions, and DynoPlex, the leading developer of enterprise mobile office solutions for BlackBerry handhelds, recently acquired by Quickoffice, announced the immediate availability of a new release of eOffice. For the first time, BlackBerry users are able to open, view, edit and create native Microsoft Office documents in their original format and save the document with high data integrity. The eOffice solution works on all currently shipping BlackBerry devices, connected both through BlackBerry Enterprise Server architecture and carrier-hosted BlackBerry Internet Service solution for individual customers. eOffice is immediately available without any upgrade requirements to the enterprise server or the BlackBerry device operating system.

eOffice will be showcased at the Wireless Enterprise Symposium, May 13-15 Booth # 123

The eOffice application allows users to open native attachments sent via email, stored on the device memory card or transferred to the BlackBerry. eOffice also enables users to create new documents and spreadsheets with comprehensive editing capabilities. Edited documents retain all original formatting, allowing users to make changes and save or send with complete confidence. All features, including editing native files, are available even when the BlackBerry is not wirelessly connected or in airplane offline mode. eOffice is also seamlessly integrated with BlackBerry's email client.
    "Mobile professionals rely heavily on their BlackBerry handhelds to conduct work while away from the office," said Paul Moreton, vice president of product management for Quickoffice. "Our recent acquisition of DynoPlex enables us to have productivity applications across a variety of platforms. We're excited to be the first to provide a native Office suite for BlackBerry users and look forward to continuing to provide the next-level of performance to our customers."
    eOffice includes the following Word, Excel and Sharepoint features:
    -- View, edit and create 'real' Word documents with all formatting, tables and embedded graphics displayed; includes comprehensive editing features and a power spell-checker
    -- View, edit and create new Excel files including charting; powerful features to modify spreadsheets such as control over formatting and updating formulas with an extensive list of built-in functions
    -- Integration with Sharepoint plus an online account with unlimited space for storing, retrieving, faxing and printing documents

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Great coverage, thanks hayden!

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    So I guess with the extended stuff such as getting files from your computer, Docs to go wont be replacing Quick Office...

Much more modern UI as well.
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

criminala no está en línea Stack level 2
    I am wondering if this functionality will be available for OS 4.6 and up . Or also for the older phones with 4.2 OS .

volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    If I'm not mistaken they put the native support in docs to go on the 4.5. Nice concept, saves the converting headache. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my question is how much is this gonna cost now that dynoplex has been acquired will they have the e office price tag

Weren't they charging $100 already? I can't imagine they would charge much more, especially since docs to go comes with the 4.5 os for free.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dsump no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have supported Dynoplex from the start and the entire package as of now is $69.00 I think Docs2go free edition in the OS is very limited.

Docs2go may be very limited, but it is free, which is a very strong selling point for me when it comes to most the programs I have on my phone, and I'm sure a good number of other BB owners feel the same.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~