Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Microsoft Corp. and Research In Motion today announced an agreement to provide Microsoft Windows Live ... WES Coverage forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

WES 2008: Microsoft & RIM to Launch Windows Live Messenger soon.

Advertisement

Microsoft Corp. and Research In Motion today announced an agreement to provide Microsoft Windows Live services on BlackBerry. As a result of this collaboration, BlackBerry smartphone customers will enjoy easy mobile access to Windows Live Messenger and an enhanced level of integration between Windows Live Hotmail and the BlackBerry platform.

The integration of Windows Live services into the BlackBerry platform will allow customers who use Windows Live Hotmail and Windows Live Messenger on their BlackBerry smartphone to benefit from the BlackBerry platform architecture with the ability to communicate in real-time using push technology, and offering an exceptional mobile communications experience. Customers will also be able to seamlessly access their Windows Live Hotmail and Windows Live Messenger account from their BlackBerry smartphone by simply entering their Windows Live e-mail address and password once.

"The BlackBerry platform is respected around the world for providing optimized messaging capabilities and RIM continues to look for ways to provide customers with a wide range of communications options and the best possible mobile experience," said Mark Guibert, Vice President, Corporate Marketing at Research In Motion. "Our relationship with Microsoft and the addition of Windows Live services to BlackBerry smartphones helps us build on that strategy for our customers."

Among other features:
    Windows Live Hotmail for BlackBerry will allow customers to:

- Use BlackBerry 'push' technology for automatic message delivery and message synchronization so the customers' online account is up-to-date with actions taken on their BlackBerry smartphone

- Use a dedicated inbox for Windows Live Hotmail messages, which are automatically delivered to the smartphone. Customers can also choose to receive their Windows Live Hotmail messages, along with messages from other e-mail accounts, within a single inbox on their BlackBerry smartphone

- Display HTML e-mail with the ability to view graphics, Web links, and contact photos in emails

Windows Live Messenger for BlackBerry will allow customers to:

- Send instant messages and join group chats

- Set status and see the presence of friends and colleagues within Windows Live Messenger or their contact cards

- Customize status messages

- Save conversations

- Showcase their Display Picture (Avatar)

- Send and receive pictures and files

- Use more than 60 emoticons

"Over 430 million people around the world rely on Windows Live to stay in touch," said Brian Arbogast, Vice President of the Mobile Services organization at Microsoft. "Our collaboration with RIM will enable BlackBerry smartphone customers to take full advantage of Windows Live, whether at work or on the go."

Windows Live services for BlackBerry smartphones are expected to be available beginning this summer with support for multiple languages.

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16
    By chance is this a further step for RIM and Microsoft workign together in the future?

jhall1986 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Now that's some great news.for all the windows live user.

sddspence no está en línea Stack level 2
    so will RIM switch to some kind of Windows OS in the future then?

tonyr38663 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20CF2EAF
    This will make the berry very hard to live without.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Isn't this already out? I have it on my 8120.

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874
    I've been so waiting for this Lol.finally~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

b:z
    b:z no está en línea Stack level 1
    It's really good news.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Isn't this already out? I have it on my 8120.
    It only currently supports on a few carriers and from what I understand it will be an all new update that includes Live Messenger.

JokerN1978 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2528CE64
    This looks sweet, especially if Xbox Live contacts can be added and accessed - as Live messenger contacts can be added to xbox Live.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Oh ok. I was just confused because I already have the windows live messenger. Just no service books for my hotmail account.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Also, they will start to become available "this summer".

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    This will further broaden the BlackBerry user bases ability to have more choices. A win/win scenario for all involved.

aflansburg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2469F3D5
    My 8320 (bought a couple of weeks back) actually came with Windows Live Messenger (not just the MSN)

penpower no está en línea Stack level 3
    I hope it is not an another case of picasa uploader that RIM promised since Jan. this year. It takes rim months to realize the "is" bug in Facebook app and it still hasn't fixed yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast