Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

1. * home security (self monitored) * lighting * baby monitor * power management * ... WES Coverage forum

patrick168 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

* home security (self monitored)
    * lighting
    * baby monitor
    * power management
    * temperature control

2. router, audio (stereos, cd, etc)

3. absolutely

4. absolutely, if the price is right

5. put my baby to sleep, garage door opener

BES'm All no está en línea Stack level 1
    1) Order of importance:
    1-temperature control
    2-lighting
    3-power management
    4-home security (self monitored)
    5-baby monitor
    2) What other applications would you like to access or control with your BlackBerry smartphone? Set timers or simple on/off for sprinkler system, match/learn my car remote functions(start, unlock/lock/arm/trunk, everyday tasks) alearm/smtp out if leaky pipe (multiple humidituy sensor by water tank, main water hub, as my water ball valve had a manufature defect and cracked leaking water, glad I was home), turn on shower and set shower temp to my preference) 3 web cam monitor (wired cat5/usb) stream to BB. So many possibilities...
    3) Is a television program guide with the ability to search, create a favorites list and add show reminders to your calendar a feature you would value? Absolutly, I"m always working on sokething and missing my key shows.
    .4) Would you purchase media related merchandise (dvds, television series etc.) directly from your BlackBerry smartphone through a secure media store in your UnifyGuide TM program guide? Not yet, kids are to young and break to many things, my oldest son blew my suround set at age 3. But in a few years yes, I would do my research on a pc 1st.
    5) What else would you like us to enable your Blackberry Smartphone to do for you? The A/V hub seems the bases covered by acting as a universal remote. The rest is a bonus.

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    1. The following applications are of importance to me in order:

* power management
    * lighting
    * temperature control
    * baby monitor

2) Another application I would you like to access or control with your my BlackBerry smartphone would be:

* The Car Garage and the ability to control Projectors, like using it with PowerPoint for a presentation through a Laptop.

3) A television program guide with the ability to search, create a favorites list and add show reminders to my calendar is a feature I would MOST DEFINITELY be of value to me.

4) Yes, I would purchase media related merchandise (dvds, television series etc.) directly from my BlackBerry smartphone through a secure media store in my UnifyGuide TM program guide.

5) Car Remote Start and the ability to be notified through an email alert when your BB is lost or stolen are other things I would like enabled on my Blackberry Smartphone to do for me.

sauser676 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242c4ef3
    1 lighting
    Temperature controls
    * power management,
    baby monitor

2car starter

3 You bet!

4 depending on price definetly im BB addicted!

5 access pc
    Graham Sauser
    A-List DJs
    graham@alistdjs.net
    www.alistdjs.net
    Blackberry 9000 (AT&T)

fonixmunkee no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4C51A6C0
    Kind of cool, but late.

180min no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    1)home security (self monitored),temperature control,power management,lighting,baby moniter
    2)Television
    3)Yes
    4)Yes
    5)Use Remote Desktop Software via USB

ericcif no está en línea Stack level 2
    1) Home security
    Power management
    Lighting
    Temp control
    Baby monitor

2) Computer

3) Yes, would value very much

4) Yes, would buy products with my Berry

5) Home banking

jbairdjr no está en línea Stack level 2
    1-Home Security,
    Lighting
    Power Management
    Temp Control
    Baby Monitor (God, I hope not!)
    2. Car Locks for me, too.
    3. The TV guide would be cool.
    4. I probably would make purchases.
    5. control some of the idiots in my office!

KeithRos12 no está en línea Stack level 1
    1)
    * lighting
    * power management,
    * temperature control
    * baby monitor

2) Tivo
    3) YES
    4) YES

5) Schedule my Tivo via Blackberry

dsump no está en línea Stack level 2

My Answer

1) Importance :
    1. Home security (self monitored)
    2. Baby Monitor
    3. Lighting
    4. Power management,
    5. Temperature control

2) I would like to access and control my vehicle remote start with my BlackBerry smartphone.

3) I would not value a television program guide with the ability to search, create a favorites list and add show reminders to my calendar.

4) I would purchase media related merchandise (dvds, television series etc.) directly from your BlackBerry smartphone through a secure media store in your UnifyGuide TM program guide.

5) I would like to enable my vehicle CPU with my Blackberry Smartphone so I could read error codes and adjust performance settings. I would also like to be able to add calendar appointments from my Blackberry and send them to my wife's standard cell phone's calendar. I would like to have my Blackberry remotely access my hunting property so I could check on it visually and be able to set up cameras and alarm equipment.

skaii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242DEE39
    1) lighting
    power management
    baby monitor
    temperature control
    home security (self monitored)
    temperature control

2) Would be nice to be able to access and manage certain electronic products to turn off and on at set times (or sprinklers!)

3) Yes

4) Definitely, I use Digby all the time right now, so why not?

5) World peace, anyone? Nah, just joking. I really think it would be great to enable the BlackBerry to be like an electronic keypad, where if you're within range of your door, and with your Bluetooth, you can type in a code, and it automatically unlocks your front door for you. Keypad door locks are the wave of the future, after all...why not start now? Seriously, I would be the first to use this feature!
    Hi. :D

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846
    1)*power management
    *home security
    *temperature control
    *baby monitor
    *lighting

2)computer/laptop, printer

3)Yes, that way i can be even more lazy than i am now and still get just as much accomplished!

4)I would, and i will!

5)There's not much else it can do, is there? I'm totally out of suggestions...

Methril no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2429CF10
    1) Unify4Life has several new and exciting applications planned for their road map. Please list the following applications in order of importance to you:
    1* lighting
    5* baby monitor
    4* home security (self monitored)
    2* power management,
    3* temperature control

2) What other applications would you like to access or control with your BlackBerry smartphone?

Stereo
    Tivo
    iTunes on home computer
    Garage Door
    Ceiling Fans
    Security/Web Cam Servo

3) Is a television program guide with the ability to search, create a favorites list and add show reminders to your calendar a feature you would value?

Assuming the BB communicates with the hub over Bluetooth (i.e., I have to be in the room), your program guide would have to be better/easier to use than the Tivo or Cable Box version.

If the BB can use the internet to communicate with the hub, I would be more likely to use it, but I it's not something I would buy the device for.

If I could use it to program my Tivo or DVR while away from home, that would be much more interesting.

4) Would you purchase media related merchandise (dvds, television series etc.) directly from your BlackBerry smartphone through a secure media store in your UnifyGuide TM program guide?

It depends on where the media would be downloaded/streamed to. I don't think my BB data connection is fast enough to make this useful. I'm not sure I understand how this would be used.

5) What else would you like us to enable your Blackberry Smartphone to do for you?

*Enable the remote to perform macros with one button (like powering on/off TV, Stereo, Cable, etc.; or turning on/off certain lights and arming home security system)

*Enable control of multiple devices from one interface--most importantly, enable the volume controls to be directed to the stereo while using TV/Cable/Tivo/etc. interfaces.

*If the hub can support multiple connections, why not allow people to use their BB's to play games that use the TV display like the trivia games played in bars. Also seems useful for games where players submit written answers, like Balderdash.

*I hate to encourage Karaoke, but since the hub can accept an audio stream from the BB, why not enable the BB to be used as a wireless microphone for Karaoke (or presentations).

*Allow users to send pictures/videos from their BBs to the hub for display on the TV.

If you use those last three ideas, I expect some love...

mdlissner no está en línea Stack level 2

Thank You - Thank You - Thank You

Guys - I really appreciate your running these contests. I was lucky enough to win the Case-Mate contest. Did not win the Curve given away yesterday, but congrats to those who did.

1)

1 - temperature control <A way to save $$ with the cost of energy today is awesome>
    2- home security <Not sure what you mean, I already have an alarm w/Central Station. Could this save me the $18 per month?>
    3 - lighting <Another Power savings option>

4 - power management <What do you mean by this?>

5 - baby monitor <Kids are 11, 11, 12 - no need for me>

2) What other applications would you like to access or control with your BlackBerry smartphone? I would like the ability to reset my cable modem, router and devices attached. I have Vonage phone system and sometimes it gets lost and needs to be reset, which involves three devices <Cable Modem, Router, VoIP modem>

3) Is a television program guide with the ability to search, create a favorites list and add show reminders to your calendar a feature you would value? This would be useful, especially if it could be integrated with DVR functions <both TiVo and Cable Modem based>

4) Would you purchase media related merchandise (dvds, television series etc.) directly from your BlackBerry smartphone through a secure media store in your UnifyGuide TM program guide? <Potentially, need to know the cost point and the amount of time you would have to watch the show>

5) What else would you like us to enable your Blackberry Smartphone to do for you? Control Garage Door opening/closing maybe? Start dishwasher? Monitor status of appliances <Every time we leave the house for more than 48 hours my wife asks if she turned off the stove/oven, if I could look on my BB it would give her peace of mind.

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874
    1. Home security,baby monitor,lighting,temperature control,power management

2. frankly,ill like to use it with any appliances or electronics that deal with electricity.

3. yes

4. yes

5. i would like to be able to use the blackberry as a one stop 'remote' for all household fixtures and electronic items.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast