Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tried it twice with 8320 and GPS puck. Locked up both times and locked me ... WES Coverage forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Tried it twice with 8320 and GPS puck. Locked up both times and locked me up when using Google Maps and puck while I was out earlier. Deleted ap - maybe it's designed for the devices with internal GPS.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

alonesoul no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    4007AB30

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by brad34471 View Post
    It is not working on my T-Mobile Curve.

Can't find addresses and getting "No response from server" errors on the Point of Interest search. It has also frozen my Curve twice in 5 minutes.

Doesn't look like much competition for Telenav.
    Same problem for my T-Mobile 8120. I'm a power GPS user and this product is not for prime time yet. If you want the best, get TeleNav. If you want a free product, Nav4All is the way to go ...

oldgeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    8300 with gps puck
    I used this today and on a single trip of about 6 miles it lost bluetooth connectivity 6 times and never said anything, I just saw the little icon in the bottom right indicate it had no gsp signal. Also, if I go off the track it doesn't say anything, it didn't tell me I was off track, it rerouted quietly as well. I find the "Safety" display to be more annoying than it is usefull. Every time I looked at the "Safety" display I felt like I should be looking at a map instead. The voice has an english (U.K.) accent, and while I don't really mind it being an english accent it makes me feel like this wasn't made for the people in the U.S. I had it set for "Heading Up" and not "North Up" but it never did anythings except "North Up". I have to admit the 180 days of free use is very generous but I also figure they are using us as beta testers.

goldenhours no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    ... it can't seem to find any sats with my internal GPS (my BB and Google Maps can!)... i think i'll give this one a miss...

cyberhound no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well, I got a call back from their tech support late today. Not much help. The guy said he had put in the help ticket but all the developers were in Orlando at the WES. He said they would get back to me, but he couldn't say when.

monilovesedmond no está en línea Stack level 3
    Awesome! Checking this out.

tech support called twice today. This morning to let me know they were working to duplicate my issues and this afternoon to give me a fix. The fix worked. I had the Connection Setting set to Automatic Detection (I am on a BES). They had me change it to BIS, shut down the app, restart it and voila! It works like a champ. I thought I had tried changing that setting myself but I guess I must have missed it.

As an observation, they seem to have pretty good tech support that follows up until the problem is solved and relatively quickly.

burnabytom no está en línea Stack level 1

Hanging up

Downloaded it to my 8830. Got a message that it wanted to change my settings and a view button. Clicked the button and went to the permissions CoPilot_Java page. Clicked Save and hung with a "please wait" message. Have done this twice and needed a battery removal to start it up again.
    Any ideas?

There is no tech support b/c if you go to their site, only has support for Live 7 and 11 but not bb edition. How did you get support?

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~dl'd it last night to my wifes 8310 and it connected fine gonna try to use it today and are how it works-will post back then

Quote Originally Posted by burnabytom View Post
    Downloaded it to my 8830. Got a message that it wanted to change my settings and a view button. Clicked the button and went to the permissions CoPilot_Java page. Clicked Save and hung with a "please wait" message. Have done this twice and needed a battery removal to start it up again.
    Any ideas?

There is no tech support b/c if you go to their site, only has support for Live 7 and 11 but not bb edition. How did you get support?
    I called the tech support number on their site and got great support for a free trial.
    Last edited by cyberhound; 05-17-2008 at 03:51 PM. Reason: mor info

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123