Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Originally Posted by johnio How BOLD is the price tag on this fine piece of ... WES Coverage forum

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by johnio View Post
    How BOLD is the price tag on this fine piece of plastic??

My pearl needs a makeover.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    said to be $500-$600 w/o a contract

xaptux no está en línea Stack level 1
    i want one hehehe

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by xaptux View Post
    i want one hehehe
    You are not alone!
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by ebanga View Post
    Damnit! Just as I was fallin in love with my Curve
    ~via BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~
    ------
    Well said.....

Quote Originally Posted by johnio View Post
    How BOLD is the price tag on this fine piece of plastic??
    (wap.pinstack.com)~
    ---
    BIG & Bold....

via: Red BB 8310

Quote Originally Posted by lauren25 View Post
    When the 9000 comes out for AT&T will we have to pay an additional charge for 3G? Or will we continue with the same Blackberry Data Plan for $29.99?
    What do you guys think?
    The 3G service is delivered to the voice side of the phone , therefore when you are in an area that has 3G coverage you get to enjoy it at no extra charge. I have full 3G coverage in the city I live in and the surrounding areas, so I always have 3G. Of course that's on my "other phone" as until now as we know, there has not been a 3G BB.
    When I'm driving into an area that does not have 3G the phone automatically switches back to EDGE. So thats how it works.

Now for the BB data plan. That falls under the category of "services" even though it's generally referred to as a data "plan", and may even appear in that area of the carriers web site. The current $29.99 charge will not be affected by 3G. So you should not see any increase in costs to take advantage of everything that the new Bold will offer.

However that said, there is nothing to stop AT&T or any carrier from raising rates of course. But it's important for you to know that it has nothing to do with the technology.

So the only additional costs you will incure is just the purchase of the BB Bold itself.

jglee311 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    good info. archer!!

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Awesome, thanks archer
    ~Lauren

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    The 3G service is delivered to the voice side of the phone , therefore when you are in an area that has 3G coverage you get to enjoy it at no extra charge. I have full 3G coverage in the city I live in and the surrounding areas, so I always have 3G. Of course that's on my "other phone" as until now as we know, there has not been a 3G BB.
    When I'm driving into an area that does not have 3G the phone automatically switches back to EDGE. So thats how it works.

Now for the BB data plan. That falls under the category of "services" even though it's generally referred to as a data "plan", and may even appear in that area of the carriers web site. The current $29.99 charge will not be affected by 3G. So you should not see any increase in costs to take advantage of everything that the new Bold will offer.

However that said, there is nothing to stop AT&T or any carrier from raising rates of course. But it's important for you to know that it has nothing to do with the technology.

So the only additional costs you will incure is just the purchase of the BB Bold itself.
    So BB data on a GSM device is $29.99?? That's the exact same price as some CDMA carriers....why would you want to pay the same amount for slower internet?? I was thinking GSM BB data was cheaper for some reason...

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    I can't wait for it at all. I really like the look of the device and the OS it runs off of seems great. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by JR_Rider View Post
    So BB data on a GSM device is $29.99?? That's the exact same price as some CDMA carriers....why would you want to pay the same amount for slower internet?.
    -----
    Excellent question...
    Each of us have a certain carrier that provides our voice service. When we buy a BlackBerry we learn that it requires a data plan for full functionality. Our carrier is the one that provides that to us for a fee which is not based on speed (as each carrier only has one speed) but on the carriers decision of what to charge. This fee is generally the same as, or close to the competitors fee. Every carrier has their own type of equipment which dictates the speed they offer. Therefore it's a bit different for each carrier. Also speed is relative. There are advertised speeds vs real world realized speed. That is a long, involved discussion on it's own. Suffice to say that at the end of the day the speed is only one aspect of your BB experience and not always the be all, & end all.

For maximum use and enjoyment from your BlackBerry, each of us has a choice to learn our devices as completely as we wish to get the most out of them.

Cheers....)
    via: Red BB 8310

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910