BlackBerry has totally changed what it takes to be considered "Out of office". When on ... WES Coverage forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

WES 2008: 10 Useful Free BlackBerry Applications While You Travel

Advertisement

BlackBerry has totally changed what it takes to be considered "Out of office". When on business trips PUSH email keeps you in office while on the go. However, 3rd party apps allow Blackberry to stand out beyond any other smartphone. Here are 10 useful apps for your trip to WES or traveling in general:
    1. PinStack.com Launcher - When you're on the move, you can still keep up with the latest WES 2008 news and discussions on PinStack with our mobile edition specially designed for BlackBerry smartphones. Updated around the clock with the latest news!
    2. Google Maps - Whether you have a GPS enabled BlackBerry of not, the new version of Google maps with "My Location" works like a charm for directions from the Airport to your hotel. Try it!
    3. Viigo's Mobile conference guide - If you're a registered WES attendee, download Viigo WES for free. You’ll need your WES user name and password to access your schedule and make changes.
    4. Google Sync - Once you've populated the "My Shedule" tool within your WES account. It handy to be also alerted as a reminder. Use Google Sync to sync your Outlook Calendar or Google Calendar with your built-in BlackBerry calendar. You can also import.
    5. JiveTalk or IM+ - Stay in free contact with coworkers, friends and family. Download one of the above multi-IM messengers and use free for 30 days. Both are great apps to purchase.
    6. Opera Mini - Browse the internet in full HTML on-the-go with Opera's Mini web browser for BlackBerry!
    7. WorldMateLive - Personal Mobile Travel assistant for your BlackBerry. FREE Open membership - includes the WorldMate Live Website, various automation tools and many services contained within the WorldMate Live mobile application, giving you itinerary management, world clocks, weather, currency converter, and a world map, right on your Smartphone.
    8. Beyond411 Local Search - provides free and convenient mobile search on your Blackberry. It’s cheaper, more effective, and more complete than calling 411.
    9. TwitterBerry - Allow contacts to keep track of your travels by Twittering via BlackBerry. TwitterBerry is a mobile client for posting updates to Twitter. It works over the data network, so you don't need to use SMS.
    10. BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) - Not to be forgotten is the pre-installed BBM. Maintain free and quick contact with all your BlackBerry friends & fam.
    For each above entry there are many alternatives, feel free to list your useful 3rd party apps below.

Even more useful apps here also see our free sotware directory.
    Last edited by jamesarh; 05-11-2008 at 10:48 PM.

nito80 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2426f5fb
    and i use every one of those except worldmate.. going to check it out though..
    nice list!

usman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207717F1
    Quote Originally Posted by nito80 View Post
    and i use every one of those except worldmate.. going to check it out though..
    nice list!
    Same here. And also I must say that viigo's rss reader is top notch

blackman711 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Gotta say I really love the Aerize Card Loader. Now I can download unlimited apps to my micro SD.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    awesome list! i don't 'travel' as much as i would like to but i have to say that all these apps are top notch to keep you organized and feeling good about stepping away from the office PC

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Nothing really new, but all top knotch stuff.

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16
    I use Google Maps and Weather Eye on every trip I take. Using BES helps eliminate the need for some of thoes applications in my mind.

neilbu no está en línea Stack level 2
    I love TellMe. It is indispensible for anyone that travels and even better if you have a GPS equipped BB.

***NEIL***

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Yes, TellMe is definitely another great app to have.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

Ombus no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up

In case you lose the BB while traveling, the information on it may be leaked.

www.GuardMyPhone.com can erase data remotely if you don't use a fancy BES.

Feedback are welcome. =)

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    I preffer Yahoo oneSearch to tellme. Tell me is more menu driven, such what do you want to do,, movies,, location,, blah blah. so on. but in Yahoo, once you have your location saved. just go to it and say movies playing or what ever.

If I remeber right though it was nice that tell me gave you the movies and all the times around your area for that movie. But still why take 4 steps to find what you want in 1 step. Ya know get it all done at one stop light instead of 4
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    OH yeah I saw they have the 8gb microSD card available for 89$ or so
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>