Hey guys, I recently updated my 7130e to the latest version (hoping it would fix ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

WoodroweBones no está en línea Stack level 1

Zen Theme with Shortcuts

Advertisement

Hey guys, I recently updated my 7130e to the latest version (hoping it would fix the problem with nobody being able to hear me when there is background noise). After the update I noticed that my Zen theme was gone!

This was by far my favourite theme solely for the fact that it seperated SMS and Emails. I have since found different versions and loaded them back onto my blackberry but they are never the same. The first one had no text by the icons and no shortcuts. I got a new one and it has text by the icons but still no shortcuts (i.e. L for calendar, etc.).

Does anyone have the .cod file that has both the text and shortcuts for this theme? Or can you recommend any other themes that seperate SMS/emails?

So obviously nobody has it....... is there a way I can get it from my backup?

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm confused, what are you talking about?

Ummm, I'm not sure what you arent understanding. The Blackberry Zen theme..... I used to have it and then I upgraded my BB to the newest OS and it was gone. So I found the theme and downloaded it but its not the same one. I'm looking for the Zen theme that has the shortcuts (i.e. pressing L to get to the calendar).

Quote Originally Posted by WoodroweBones View Post
    Hey guys, I recently updated my 7130e to the latest version (hoping it would fix the problem with nobody being able to hear me when there is background noise). After the update I noticed that my Zen theme was gone!

This was by far my favourite theme solely for the fact that it seperated SMS and Emails. I have since found different versions and loaded them back onto my blackberry but they are never the same. The first one had no text by the icons and no shortcuts. I got a new one and it has text by the icons but still no shortcuts (i.e. L for calendar, etc.).

Does anyone have the .cod file that has both the text and shortcuts for this theme? Or can you recommend any other themes that seperate SMS/emails?
    Even if you can find the .cod that "is" your zen theme, you would need to alter blackberry.alx so it would load, and I'm not gonna recommend that. It's likely that some of the capabilities of the previous zen theme are not compatible with your newer OS and so it is excluded (or, rather, changed) on purpose.

Two suggestions: Downgrade to your previous OS (a new, freshly downloaded copy) and perhaps the original problem that made you need the upgrade will be gone. (This is actually more likely than it sounds -) Second suggestion, keep the current OS and go through the steps to unlock vendor themes - other vendor themes may have the features you're looking for. Click the search box and type in "Unlock Vendor Themes" and several threads with instructions should pop up.

I have an .alx that I loaded the previous Zen theme with (I just use desktop manager and load an application). In fact I used that same alx to load the other zen theme I found so I would assume I could do the same for the other .cod?

I will look into the vendor themes thing. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by WoodroweBones View Post
    I have an .alx that I loaded the previous Zen theme with (I just use desktop manager and load an application). In fact I used that same alx to load the other zen theme I found so I would assume I could do the same for the other .cod?
    Then your original Zen was not part of the OS, it was aftermarket. That means the Zen you're looking for is probably still on the computer. Do this: On your computer, click on My Computer>C:>Program Files>Common Files>Research in Motion>Shared>Loader Files and you should see at least two folders that contain the OS files. One of the folders contains your old OS, the other one new. The alx and cod file for your old zen should still be in the old OS's file - - the alx (the instruction) right there, and the cod will be buried in the "Java" directory. That should be where your missing cod is . . . . .

Hmmm the only problem there is that this blackberry was one that was actually given to me by my company and just came with the Zen theme so I dont have the previous OS on my computer. I do have a full backup though and I can probably get it from there.

I also went and unlocked all the vendor themes (man was it easy!) but no luck . The main reason I want Zen is because it seperates emails and text messages but none of the vendor ones do.

I'm also thinking I can probably use the Bell OS as it has the same vendor ID and is more recent (I have MTS).

Anyways I'm having fun playing with my phone. Thanks for the help!