Ok...I have been reading threads trying to find an answer on this all day.... I ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

jbotros no está en línea Stack level 1

Yahoo Account on 7130e

Advertisement

Ok...I have been reading threads trying to find an answer on this all day.... I have a free Yahoo! account and have added it to my BIS as one of my email accounts. I have also setup my "sprint.blackberry.com" e-mail account.
    Receiving e-mail from my Yahoo! account works perfectly...all e-mails are "pushed" to my handheld immediately. The problem is sending e-mail, I cannot send using my Yahoo! account from my handheld...The messages are "checked" momentarily and the turns to a "red X". The message says "invalid address" (although I know the addresses I attempt to send to are correct). I can however send using my blackberry account address.

I know this question has been asked before, but I haven;t been able to locate a clear answer. Thank you very much for any helkp you can give in advance....Step-by-step advice is much appreciated, as I am a newb to BB.

Thanks again,
    JB

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Only have time to read the subject of this email. Have to run but check:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...berry_bis.html

Ans the similar thread(s) listed within

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Hi jbotros, welcome to pinstack. Go into options, advanced, service books, and search for the yahoo email service books. Delete them, then log into sprint.blackberry.com and resend the service books. If that doesnt help let us know.. Also, can you send sms, or send using any other address?

thank you very much for your help, but...unfortunately I have tried your suggestions and still haven't seemed to get it working.
    To answer your question, yes I am able to send from my blackberry e-mail address....just not from yahoo address...

joeya7 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I would delete your yahoo from the BIS>hard restart>3 register now>then add your yahoo back in to the BIS

ALso just to make sure we are on the same page. You are not forwarding your yahoo email to your blackberry.net address?

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    JB,
    I also have a free yahoo account and I receive and send directly (push) from my 7130e (Sprint) with no problem. And, I don't know if you have or not only because you didn't mention it, although, yahoo mail is free, using it to receive and send email other than from a laptop or desktop (mail.yahoo.com) isn't free at all. You have to subscribe to their "mail plus" program. This program cost less than 20 dollars a year and they allow you to send and receive via outside devices ie outlook, and your Blackberry/Sprint device. If you have already subscribed to service then I am not sure what else the problem could be. I hope that you find a solution very soon. Being able to send yahoo or any other mail from your blackberry is a splendid thing, indeed. Good luck !

calm_tiger thanks for your comments....actually, after reading some other posts I was under the impression you could send/receive e-mail from your BB without a "plus" account...? (as long as you're not with cingular) anyone ????

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    With any email you setup through your BIS account you will be able to send and receive using that account.