[FONT=Arial]First off I'm new to the forum and want say hi to the BB world. ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

josh.hubert no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4013df6f

Question wtf........

Advertisement

[FONT=Arial]First off I'm new to the forum and want say hi to the BB world.

So get this...This morning I woke up and found that both my 7100i and my girlfriends had crashed for some reason. Her phone sat with the infamous 507 and my 7100i had a small square in the window as if it was initializing. I pulled off my battery and it restarted fine but all of my data was gone. I had to reload the OS on her because I couldn't get it to do anything. Needless to say these phones are both from Nextel. I am wondering if Nextel tried to send us both an update OTA or something of the sort and crashed both of our blackberries. Has anyone else had an issue like this? I'm really confused as to why this would happen to both of our blackberries at the same time.[/FONT]

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: wtf........

Welcome to the stacks.

Never heard of that problem but probably CP will help you with that

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hi josh, welcome to pinstack. It is highly unlikely Sprint-Nextel sent you something that cause this problem. Think about what you and your girlfriend have done with your BB's. Something you both downloaded, a theme, a game, a ringer. Are you both syncronizing to the same pc? Think about that and let us know.

Are both BB's working fine now?

PIN/ID
    4013df6f

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    Hi josh, welcome to pinstack. It is highly unlikely Sprint-Nextel sent you something that cause this problem. Think about what you and your girlfriend have done with your BB's. Something you both downloaded, a theme, a game, a ringer. Are you both syncronizing to the same pc? Think about that and let us know.

Are both BB's working fine now?
    CP - Thanks for the response. I was trying to figure this out this morning as well. We dont sync on the same machine... in fact... she doesnt even sync hers at all. She doesnt have any 3rd party software on hers at all. Nothing! She pretty much uses her bb simply for getting work email and the bb messenger to talk to me. On the other hand. I use a few different apps on my bb. But to answer your question, theres nothing that I can think of thats we both use.

My phone sat that the initializing screen for about an hour until I took my battery out at which time it rebooted but all of the data was gone. Hers simply sat that the beautiful 507 screen and i had to reload the OS.
    "A failure establishes only this, that our determination to succeed was not strong enough."

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i got a 507 error too around the same time.....im also on a 7100i with nextel. Hm

PIN/ID
    4013df6f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ interesting. I'm going to give NEXTEL a call to see what they have to say and i'll let you guys know.

PIN/ID
    4013df6f

ha... so basically they told me that there was no explaination as to why this has happened to both of our blackberries the same time. They told me they were doing system maintence on the blackberry network but that shouldnt have caused it. Apparently everyone got the error because we all use the same computer to sync. Even though I told her that we didnt do that she insisted that I did. So is there anyone on here that has some sort of explanation as we all know that nextel doesnt.
    "A failure establishes only this, that our determination to succeed was not strong enough."

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

josh.hubert, Welcome to PinStack.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

c1ty5tar no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mcashman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae5c7c

I work for a company that uses the 7100's and have had nothing but issues with them. We finally got Nextel to admit that they are buggy, but from what I understand, there's not really any new devices on the horizon for them. We have switched out some to the old 7520's which are tanks.