I tried to wipe the data in my 7130 and after 40 minutes of the ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

yzfdave no está en línea Stack level 1

Won't boot

Advertisement

I tried to wipe the data in my 7130 and after 40 minutes of the hourglass I became impatient and took out the battery. Now when I put in the battery, I get the hourglass with a blank screen behind it. I have let it sit there for more than 2hrs, so I know it's stuck and not still trying to boot.

Is there a hard reset? Taking out the battery for a while and reinserting doesn't work.

yzfdave no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Won't boot

I just saw the posting about the 8703 had the same issues. Plugging it into the computer fixed it, so I will try that tomorrow (I left it at work).

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

It can take an extremely long time when wiping, reloading OS and or Data from your BB.

You should NEVER remove the battery or unplug the BB from the PC (If it's plugged in) when attempting one of those procedures, you can make things worse and have to go through more steps to get your BB back.

Good luck tomorrow and let us know what happens or if you need further assistance.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

yzfdave, Welcome to PinStack.

As dfc stated you are going to have to reload the OS. And with this corruption of the Device OS, you may have a problem connecting the PC to the BB. If you do, here is a thread with a procedure that works in this situation, How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't recognize The Device Is Connected. Read the whole post first and then follow the instructions carefully. As it says, it may take multiple tries.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

good luck and let us know if you need help or how it went.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hello yzf, welcome to pinstack. I agree if a BB is plugged in and it is performing some kind of action you should not remove the plug, the BB can have serious issues after that.

Please let us know if we can help you further.