Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I had this same problem. My 2 Blackberries work fine on my work computer but ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

lupin3rd no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Warning ! Device not found

Advertisement

I had this same problem. My 2 Blackberries work fine on my work computer but both cannot be detected by the Desktop Manager on my home computer. Both make the USB connect sound and both charge. When I plug my 8100 in, I can even access the memory card but Desktop Manager still doesn't see it...wtf.

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90

Pull the battery from the BB, wait a few seconds then reinsert it and reconnect to the PC. I've seen this too many times with various BB/PC combinations.
    It doesn't record video. Get over it.

Raybender no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32Bf0376

I finally got fed up and ordered a new Dell D610 laptop. Works fine with the new machine. I formatted the old D600 laptop and reloaded XP pro. Works fine on that unit now as well. Must have had some registry corruption. Awfully extreme measure just to get the Blackberry recognized, but it did work.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

lupin3rd, Welcome to PinStack.

Have you gone to the DM Options then Connect, then Clicking the Detect Button?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

willy no está en línea Stack level 1

Make sure that the "Driver Instance ID" tab under USB port properties for the assigned blackerry device ONLY shows your device ID and no other devices which may have been assigned to the same USB port. You'll only see the USB port assigned to the BB if the BB device is connected to your pc. If a second device is assigned to the USB port, the conflict will prevent the PC from recognizing the BB connection. If this is so, you'll have to Uninstall the conflicting device software and make sure that you're using a separate USB port for the conflicting device when you reload the software. This solved it for me. My problem was probably because I had tried running all my USB devices through a USB hub which caused the problem when I upgraded the BB software. Thus, I'm using a separate USB port on the PC for the BB device to avoid the issue in the future.

willy no está en línea Stack level 1

The USB port properties is found within the Device Manager Hardware settings for USB ports. fyi.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

willy, thanks for the infor. That's an excelent explaination.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

JCT
    JCT no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Warning ! Device not found

I, too, had the aforementioned connection problems. I was upgrading from an old BB to a new one and had re-installed the DM software. I was able to sync from my old BB to my laptop through the serial port, but could not subsequently connect to the new BB through my USB port.

The solution for me turned out to be a mix of the above:

1. I removed battery from the BB, waited a few seconds, reinstalled battery and re-connected BB to the laptop.

2. In the USB Port Properties (Control Panel/System/USB Device) I found an error on the new entry for the BB. I double-clicked the BB device entry and noted that the error indicated the software for the device was not installed.

3. I clicked on the button provided to install the software.

4. As the installation was proceeding, the DM interface immediately popped up that the BB was connected.

It has worked like a charm since.

jstryker no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by willy
    Make sure that the "Driver Instance ID" tab under USB port properties for the assigned blackerry device ONLY shows your device ID and no other devices which may have been assigned to the same USB port. You'll only see the USB port assigned to the BB if the BB device is connected to your pc. If a second device is assigned to the USB port, the conflict will prevent the PC from recognizing the BB connection. If this is so, you'll have to Uninstall the conflicting device software and make sure that you're using a separate USB port for the conflicting device when you reload the software. This solved it for me. My problem was probably because I had tried running all my USB devices through a USB hub which caused the problem when I upgraded the BB software. Thus, I'm using a separate USB port on the PC for the BB device to avoid the issue in the future.

Kudos to mr willy.

I had a Lacie USB DVD/RW Lightscribe external writer..... I sold it to a friend. Some how the USB drivers were wedged way in there - it took a minute to figure out that thats what it was. I had to use a UNINSTALLER (I used Your Uninstaller 2006) and forcefully remove anything and everything. After that I UNINSTALLED the BB Desktop Manager and Device manager. I also traded in my USB keyboard for a regular PS/2 style. After all that was done I ran a registry cleaner to remove and extract any and all other references to lost usb drivers, services, etc... for this I used a program called WinASO 2.8. It did find about 250 registry errors.

Rebooted. (By the way my blackberry was unplugged the entire time)
    When windows came back up I reinstalled the software. (4.2.1)

When it launched - I plugged the USB cable from my blackberry into the usb port and heard MUSIC!!!!! (A sequence of high/low beeps)

Hats of to Will

jphn37 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

One thing I have noticed is that merely re-seating the USB cable into another port may get it connected again.

Windows USB bus management is horrible at best.

Also, depending on your motherboard/computer, the port you are using may have choked/died. Laptop? May have a cable internally come loose or fall off.

Just suggestions.
    This simple one worked for me. Thanks Lewis!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12