Do you have to have the blackberry software on a computer to charge a blackberry ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

jmann no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

USB charging on a 7100i

Advertisement

Do you have to have the blackberry software on a computer to charge a blackberry via USB? I'm asking because I seem to only be able to charge my 7100i on my computer. When I try at work or on someone else's computer, it shows that its charging on my battery icon, but the actual battery level remains at the same level after hours of being plugged into the computer. So is that the case or is there something wrong with my blackberry?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: USB charging on a 7100i

I dont have the software on one computer and it charges fine, least I think it does.

comptechltd no está en línea Stack level 1

I actually saw somewhere just the other day that you have to have either the software installed or you have to install 2 'driver' files to make it charge. It was either on this forum or the other. I'll see what I can find.

Steve

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

By plugging the BB into the pc automatically downloads the proper drivers. I have many pc's without the desktop manager and they charge fine, tested it today.