Hey Pinstackers! I am a new member here and also a new owner of the ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

kriptonik no está en línea Stack level 2

USB; anyone?

Advertisement

Hey Pinstackers!

I am a new member here and also a new owner of the Blackberry 7100T.

I received the phone about couple of weeks ago and still in the process of "getting to know the phone".

On other note, I have been wondering if I am able to transfer/send ringtones, themes, pictures via the USB.

Also, is it necessary to update the software on the phone. I am currently using the 4.1.

What website is useful to update and download the software for the Blackberry either for the PC and the BB it self.

I know there is the T-Mobile website that asks for the T-Mobile phone number, which is a problem to me since I own the unlocked version of the BB and do not use or subscribe to T-Mobile.

Thank you so much for the help in advance.

I hope I can be accepted in this forum as I would like to be involved in Pinstack.

Best regards.

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Re: USB; anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by kriptonik
    Hey Pinstackers!

I am a new member here and also a new owner of the Blackberry 7100T.

I received the phone about couple of weeks ago and still in the process of "getting to know the phone".

On other note, I have been wondering if I am able to transfer/send ringtones, themes, pictures via the USB. To where? You can use the USB and Desktop Manager to transfer these things from your computer / laptop to your blackberry.

Also, is it necessary to update the software on the phone. I am currently using the 4.1. Updating the software is a personal choice. I consistently go back and forth between OS releases on my berry because of the "funk"tionality of one upgrade versus what I liked about the previous version. Whatever you decide, make sure you back up your berry and sync your contacts list first!

What website is useful to update and download the software for the Blackberry either for the PC and the BB it self. Try this forum area: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ndheld_os.html

I know there is the T-Mobile website that asks for the T-Mobile phone number, which is a problem to me since I own the unlocked version of the BB and do not use or subscribe to T-Mobile.

Thank you so much for the help in advance.

I hope I can be accepted in this forum as I would like to be involved in Pinstack.

Best regards.
    One more thing Welcome to Pinstack and let us know if these don't answer your questions so we can find an appropriate solution.

Jade
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

kriptonik, Welcome to PinStack.

First, transferring pictures/ringtones/themes to your 7100t, using the USB, are different. Themes can be installed using the Application Loader of Desktop Manager. For Pictures you need either a third party app. or the procedure indicated in this thread, Ring Tones and Pictures without a Data Plan . For ringtones use that procedure also.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB. And if you do have more questions, it will really help us help you if you take the time to fill in your PinStack Profile with the information concerning your device. Model, OS and Platform (Found on Options/About), BES Status, Location, and Carrier. Depending on the question, each of these may have an impact on how we respond.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Hey Rcbjr and JadedBerry!

Thanks for the fast reply.

I have filled out my profile like you told me to. Thanks for the recomendation.

Do I have the newest software possible for the device?

Where can I get this application loader for the dektop?

I believe I have tried downloading 4.1 and 4.2 version of the Desktop Manager and I could not figure out how to work them.

Thanks again.
    Kriptonik

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

What Problem are you having with Desktop Manager? I think you may just have the latest software, but I'm not that familiar with the 7100 series BBs.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Download 4.2 from here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...oad_usage.html

Application Loader is in the DM screen. Its icon looks like a blackberry with a "windows" screen partially hidden behind it (generally it's the first icon of the 5 displayed). Once your device is connected just double click on that and follow the steps it guides you through.

If you need anymore help, feel free to Pin.

Jade
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

Hello!

I am finally able to download and connect the desktop manager to my Blackberry.

I also in the process of working on the MDS Simulator/Blackberry JDE.

One question I have is how do I change the Blackberry model on the simulator? The link Rcbjr sent me says that "probably best to choose your specific model".

Another problem I have been trying to solve is how do I manage to go online/visit a website with the Blackberry. Is there a special "online button" to press since I have tried going into every single icons on the menu and I could not find anything. (I have never used the Internet on my real Blackberry, not just the simulator).

Once again, thank you for the help in advance.

Have a great day.
    Kriptonik

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

hey welcome to the stacks