I was looking for a good way to upload pictures to my BB. I don't ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Shock&Awww no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    401be618

Uploading Pics to 7100i via USB Data Cable

Advertisement

I was looking for a good way to upload pictures to my BB. I don't have a Wireless Internet plan for my BB so I need to be able to upload them via the data cable. In my searches I came accross a software called Ascendo Photos for Blackberry 2.61 I was curious if anyone has used this software or if anyone could recommend a better software. I tried the simulator method and didnt have any luck.

I have been able to add themes to my BB thanks to these boards. There is definitly a wealth of information here I am glad I found them.

Thanks

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Uploading Pics to 7100i via USB Data Cable

I think Ascendo is a great application. If that means anything, cuz I usually think all BB apps are good.

cchriston no está en línea Stack level 1

Shock, please let me know if you have any luck with the app, as I am also looking for a way to upload pics to the phones without the email options. RIM has said that they think that it may be possible to message the pics to the phone using sms, but the site was down Friday, and we could not verify this.

Also, when the upgrade for the 7100i is avail to 4.2 Phone OS, you can supposedly do it with the media manager in the desktop software package in Manager 4.2, but this Phone OS is not yet avail for the 7100i.

megabite no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ping

So is there going to be a 4.2 OS for 7100i? Is that for sure or speculation?

Thanks guys!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    3056468b

4.2 for the 7100i, probably not, but stranger things have happened.

Toltec no está en línea Stack level 2

I just got the 7100i and was trying to email pics to it and i think it wasn't opening my attachment because it was to large. Do you need to have your image down to a certain size for your device to download from an email. The pic i was trying to download was from my digital camera but the resolution was set to 1500 x something. Do i need to scale it down to like a 300 x ".

It would be a big help if you could just move them over through the device manager, let me know what you come up with.

Thanks.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

I have opened images that were very large. If you want to set it to the size of your BB then 240x260.

Shock&Awww no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    401be618

I downloaded the trial version of Ascendo Photos for Blackberry 2.61 and it worked great with my 7100i. I loved the software my trial has run out and I am going to purchase the software. It allows you to resize the pictures before you upload them to your BB. Just make sure that you add the Ascendo photo application to your BB first using the DM. Then run it on your BB. While Ascendo is running on your BB hook up your USB cable and open Ascendo Photos on your computer. You can open pictures resize them and send them to your phone. The software was very cool it allows you to setup a slideshow and a custom screen saver of your pics. The features are awesome I would highly recommend it.

cchriston no está en línea Stack level 1

Good to hear...I may have to try it out then. BTW, I am not sure of anything re: the 4.2 OS upgrade...I was only blurting out what the RIM rep was telling me on the phone. I can't even be sure that he knew anything about it as it spit that error out when I tried the Media Manager in the 4.2 Desktop software after I upgraded...Sorry for the confusion.

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!

so I have pics on my phone and I want to email them out but it doesnt let me attach them only option is to do mms.. is that normal? do i need to upgrade my software or something or am I just out of luck?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by mserica513
    so I have pics on my phone and I want to email them out but it doesnt let me attach them only option is to do mms.. is that normal? do i need to upgrade my software or something or am I just out of luck?
    I believe it is limited to the devices that have versions of OS 4.2.1 that has this capability to send pictures as email attachments. OS 4.2.0.x and earlier devices do not have it.

Sorry
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    3056468b

It is correct that the 7100i isnt capable of sending pics in email.

Cracked Out no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Pls!

I have Ascendo and love it. It has slideshow capabilities as well as the ability to designate specific galleries. It won't dissapoint you.