I just downloaded Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.2 with the media manager, but I can't find ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

schellenberg no está en línea Stack level 1

Upgrading to 4.2

Advertisement

I just downloaded Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.2 with the media manager, but I can't find the handheld equivalent to work with it.

I have a 7130e with v4.10.291. Is it available, or is there a 4.2 from another Blackberry I can use?

Thanks,

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Upgrading to 4.2

7130e does not have os4.2 and will NEVER have it since he doesn't have the intel processor and would have problem loading it well and you could only put about 4-5 mp3 anyway

Hope this helps

BTW Welcome to the stacks
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

the handheld running 4.2 OS is the pearl 8100 or the soon to be 8800
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

schellenberg, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I don't care about putting full MP3s on my BB, but I'd like to get some better ringtones for certain people in my address book.

Thanks for the welcome...its good to know there are still a.few good online communities out there.

Trevor

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you might search around the PinStack for info regarding upgrading to a later version of the 4.1 OS. My former OS didn't have custome ring tones but this one I have now can (not sure if that's where you were going). I made it up to 4.1.0.359 and it works fine. Kinds tricky so read carefully.

What problems could I run in to if I use a later OS from a different carrier? I am with MTS in Manitoba, Canada right now.

Thanks,

Trevor

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by schellenberg
    What problems could I run in to if I use a later OS from a different carrier? I am with MTS in Manitoba, Canada right now.

Thanks,

Trevor
    Greetings Trevor, and Welcome to the Forum!

I might suggest that you enjoy your new BlackBerry just the way it is. Take some time to learn all about it and to browse through this forum. Since it's probably working very well right now why mess with a good thing?

Newer is not always better when it comes to an OS upgrade. I only upgrade after reading what new features or fixes are incorporated in the new version. Then I ask myself if I really need these. If so then I upgrade, if not, I leave well enough alone.

I was just as eager as you when I got my first BlackBerry to install the latest of everything. Then I thought twice about it, and decided to leave it stock, and learn the applications and features that it came with.

Now months later, I'm really glad I took that approach as my tastes have changed after reading of problems other users had installing the same software or updates that I was going to do. At first I had plans to install five applications. Now after reading about them on this forum I decided that there was just one that was really important to me. That installation went flawlessly, because I was better prepared and understood the pitfalls that a new user can make when intalling software.

You have plenty of time in the future to upgrade and modify your BlackBerry, why not just use it now and enjoy it.

vhauri no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a Blackberry 7130e, and I've found that the best way to get mp3 ringtones on there is to upload them to a web site, then use the browser for an OTA download. I've got about 10 ringtones on mine, and they work and sound great. Also, you can't beat the price, since you don't have to pay again for a song you already have, and you can edit it down to whatever size clip you want to use as the ringtone. I sketched out instructions on my blog. Here's the link to it, but not as a link, since I'm still a lowly junior stacker: neverblog.net/transfer-your-mp3s-from-your-computer-into-your-blackberry-as-ringtones

Hope that helps!

-Vasken