Performed the 7100i Nextel software update, got the Zen theme and everything, however, I noticed ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

kamalu no está en línea Stack level 1

Upgraded OS, lost SIM Phonebook import

Advertisement

Performed the 7100i Nextel software update, got the Zen theme and everything, however, I noticed upon doing the upgrade, that the SIM Phonebook import functionality was grayed out (hence removed), and is no longer on my BB. I have located the .cod file (net_rim_bb_simphonebook.cod) in my Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\7100i-v4.1.0.376_P2.1.0.46\Java folder, so I assume I can get this functionality back, however, the App Loader does not recognize the .cod file as a valid 'loadable' file like the .alx files. Any suggestions?

This is not really a 'must-have' per se, but that functionality sure saved me alot of time and grief trying to import/save my contacts from my i870 SIM when I switched over to the BB.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all as well from the land of Aloha!

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Did you by chance create a backup?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    kamalu, Welcome to PinStack.

You didn't loose the Contacts did you, just the ability to get to the SIM? Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

kamalu no está en línea Stack level 1
    I did create a backup, but am weary of using it, simply because I dont want to restore the 'state' I had before I lost the SIM card import functionality, because it was BEFORE the update of the OS, and don't know if i can 'pick and choose' what to restore, instead of doing the whole thing. (sorry for the run-on).

This is not a deal killer for the OS by any means, its just one of those nagging things that bothers me simply because it is the ONE function i actually used when i got the blackberry, so it is now missed.

Another thing is, that since that function was grayed out when i went thru the list prior to approving the update, Im not sure if restoring to the old OS then reapplying the update would actually help. I 'may' not be able to change if the feature is actually updated or not.

Anyone else did the update and still have that functionality?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    I'm not that familiar with the Save to SIM phone book feature. I don't use it and never have. The last 5 cell phones I have had, could sync with Outlook, so never i had a problem with transfering Contacts from one phone to another. And I guess I should say that my last two were BBs and they were the first to have SIMs.

Just trying to say, I can't help anymore than this.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles