Hello to all: A couple of weeks I bought a unlocked 7100g on Ebay. Ths ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

elnieves no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    202F6B2A

Unlocking PIN and IMEI from cingular/cincinatti Bell

Advertisement

Hello to all:

A couple of weeks I bought a unlocked 7100g on Ebay. Ths sim card seems to work ok to make phone calls and send SMS messages.

However i cannot register the PIN and IMEI on my carrier, does anyone has experience unlocking this? or know the best option to get cingular or cincinatti bell to unlock this so i can use this on my carrier, my carrier is telcel GSM (MExico). Please can anyone help me start to receive emails and use the internet service of this cool blackberry.

Thanks

Ivan

andrebsd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F09FB

Re: Unlocking PIN and IMEI from cingular/cincinatti Bell

You need to call your provider and have them add a BlackBerry Data Plan. Just owning a BlackBerry won't allow you to do more than a regular phone without a BlackBerry Data Plan. This is why you can make calls and send SMS but do nothing else; you don't have a data plan with your voice minutes.

Data Plans can range anywhere from 19.99 [USD] a month to around 49.99 [USD] a month extra (thats ontop of your voice plan) for unlimited data. You also have to make sure its a BlackBerry data plan, and not something like T-Zones (WAP Data from TMobile) as it won't work.
    PIN: 240F09FB - Feel free to msg anytime.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Since the PIN and IMEI are connected to Cingular's system, your carrier may have to contact RIM. Just call your carrier, ask to speak with the data or BB support group. Then let them know that you are using an unlocked device and you would like to have the PIN and IMEI released so that it can be used on your network.

I had this issue when trying to activate an unlocked Cingular 7290 on T-mobile. I got a very friendly rep at T-mobile and my service was running in 48 hours. ( I called on a Friday night)

PIN/ID
    202F6B2A

Oh so the best route will to contract a blackberry plan with telcel, it will cost i believe 29.99USD unlimited data. And then they will contact RIM to get the previous carrier to unlock the PIN and IMEI?. is that the best thing i should do?.

Many thanks for the reply
    Ivan

Yes that will be the best solution. First see if they can activate the PIN and IMEI on their network, if they can't they will work with RIM to get it released and working on their network.

PIN/ID
    202F6B2A

Many thanks. I have called RIM a couple of minutes ago. They tell me that I need to contact Cingular for them to drop the PIN and IMEI from their network, so i can register on my telcel network. I will have to wait until tomorrow for they are closed today. And hopefully i have good luck tomorrow. Hey the phone i have does not have a browser, do you know how to install one on my phone?.

Thanks

It will install itself once the phone is on a BB plan. If you are having trouble after it is connected then try to have the service books resent