Sim Card Unlock - If you are ever going to be travelling overseas with your ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Unlocking Blackberry 7100

Advertisement

Sim Card Unlock - If you are ever going to be travelling overseas with your Blackberry and require phone service you will need to unlock your handheld so it can connect to other networks. Thanks to volcomwrx, he has outlined the steps below:

To Unlock:

1. On the Home screen, click the Tools icon. The Options screen appears.

2. In the tools screen, select the Settings icon.

3. Scroll to SIM Card and select it. You should see the phone number and the SIM ID number.

4. Type ‘meppd’ to display the first five levels of SIM locking. T-Mobile uses network locking so the Network should display Active. All other states should display Disabled

5. Type ‘mepp2 to display the dialog box asking for the unlock code (Press the Alt + 2 key to get the number 2)

6. Input the SIM Unlock code (16 digits provided by carrier)

7. Press ENTER and reboot handheld.

Last update: 2005-09-12 10:48

thurry no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Unlocking Blackberry 7100

i have a T-mobile 7100T and have cingular service... would i need an active T-mobile Sim card to be able to unlock the phone? Does "SIM CARD UNLOCK" mean to unlock the phone itself??

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

no that's just the SIM

jayvin1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Do you know if this is applicable to the 7105t? Also, please let me know how I can go to the "Home" screen because I dont find the Tools icon on my home screen. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by hydn
    Sim Card Unlock - If you are ever going to be travelling overseas with your Blackberry and require phone service you will need to unlock your handheld so it can connect to other networks. Thanks to volcomwrx, he has outlined the steps below:

To Unlock:

1. On the Home screen, click the Tools icon. The Options screen appears.

2. In the tools screen, select the Settings icon.

3. Scroll to SIM Card and select it. You should see the phone number and the SIM ID number.

4. Type ‘meppd’ to display the first five levels of SIM locking. T-Mobile uses network locking so the Network should display Active. All other states should display Disabled

5. Type ‘mepp2 to display the dialog box asking for the unlock code (Press the Alt + 2 key to get the number 2)

6. Input the SIM Unlock code (16 digits provided by carrier)

7. Press ENTER and reboot handheld.

Last update: 2005-09-12 10:48

Baggman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2040DD43

Quote Originally Posted by hydn

To Unlock:

1. On the Home screen, click the Tools icon. The .....

just unlocked mine (for a little advantage to sell it on ebay when i get the 8700) and they make it a little tricky by saying in the instructions ''... hit the ''P'' twice when entering the mepd and mep2...''. just do what hydn did and put meppd and mepp2, t-mobile!!!!!
    Baggman 8800??, 8700g now, 7105t recent, 7100t past
    Holding on, the light of night, on my knees to rise and fix my broken soul. Again.
    Edward Louis Vedder, 2006

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I want to unlock my 7105t to get access to a game that is on another carrier's site. Can someone help me with this?

sonofbum no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    40117ea1

this is great information thanks for passing along hydn

aosmith Guest

just a note for everyone, this does not unlock you phone to be used with other carrier's SIM cards. Great advice hynd

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Oh ok I thought that was what that was for.

tiberie no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Unlocking Blackberry 7100

Hi all,

this is my first post to pinstack forums.

I have 7100v and got it from my sister locked. So, from reading many posts i got the impression that if some of you boyz/girlz want to get their bb unlocked they should kindly ask it from thier wireless service providers. Which i did, i send Vodafone e-mail and got the unlock code... well to be exact i got my bb from my sister's husband and he had to provide the account info. Now i can use it on every wireless network. Now the only thing left is to set up my internet access so i can chat and little bit surf

bye

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by tiberie
    Hi all,

this is my first post to pinstack forums.

I have 7100v and got it from my sister locked. So, from reading many posts i got the impression that if some of you boyz/girlz want to get their bb unlocked they should kindly ask it from thier wireless service providers. Which i did, i send Vodafone e-mail and got the unlock code... well to be exact i got my bb from my sister's husband and he had to provide the account info. Now i can use it on every wireless network. Now the only thing left is to set up my internet access so i can chat and little bit surf

bye
    Glad it worked out for you, looking forward to hearing from you in the Stacks! Oh Yeah, Welcome to Pinstack!

lonsdale6371 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Unlocking Blackberry 7100

hi to all is it possible to flash 7100x to accept a orange sim or is there any free unlocking services as i have just got this phone from ebay so i dont think i can ring and request code at this time.

badjean_1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Do Anybody Know How I Can Unlock My Bb 8100 - Orange Uk ?