Ok, so i bought the new 7130C about a week ago and got it 3 ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

ferrariiam no está en línea Stack level 1

Unlocked 7130C is blowing me!

Advertisement

Ok, so i bought the new 7130C about a week ago and got it 3 days ago, Ive been messing around with it since their was not manual with it, which is fine with me since i do all my learning by trial and error. But sometimes the manual just has to be used. So first off i didnt know that BB's needed a data plan to make all the other goodies work, which i think is BS. What happens when you are only using it for personal use. The plans start at 20 dollors, which are CRAZY! Not only that, but my 7130C isnto from T-mobile (my carrior) so that complicates things even more. BUT, even more annoying is that my SMS/MMS package doesnt fully work, seeing as that i cant send MMS with it. Some BB's cant send MMS, but 7130C says that it can. SO WHY CANT IT!? im getting to agrivated with this phone. SOMEONE HELP! please.

thanks

ferrariiam no está en línea Stack level 1
    o, and i understand that when you click in on the toggle on the messaging amp that send MMS shows up as one of the possible messaging options, but not even that shows up. it gives me the options to: Compose Email, Compose Pin, Place call, Compose SMS text, and Blackberry Messanger. But not mms like the manual says.

Bla1ze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ya..NO!
    Sounds to me you need a feature phone, not a BB..especially since you think $20 for a BB plan is CRAZY! (read: Rogers) Assuming you declined the option of a BB data plan, that explains why your MMS is not working, on that device you NEED a data plan for MMS to work, it uses internet to transfer the files, no plan...no internet to use to push the MMS plain and simple (on that device anyways). Do yourself a favour and get yourself a feature phone and call it a wrap, cause it's clear you'll never be fitted for a BB if you can even fathom paying for the services to make it work.

Either that or move on from the arcane 7130 and at a bare minimum get a Curve..MMS is built into that with no need for data plan (assuming t-mob works the same way AT&T is respect to BB's without data plans)

k4mjk no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    -
    you have to have a blackberry plan for things to work correctly

Bla1ze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ya..NO!
    On a lighter note...Unlocked 7130C is blowing me! <---wasn't aware BB were capable of that

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB
    haha thats funny as anything

clayatx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    my 8703e has gps inside it, but verizon turned it off. does that make you feel better? i wish it would blow me, that would make things nicer

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    you buy an older phone it will act like an older phone. i have a 8100 and it has problems with MMS and i just take it down to the Tmo store and have them fix it. they have to take your phone off the BIS and then put back on and it works. sorry you dont like the MMS functionality... if you can live without it and you are going to be looking for a new phone then go with the iPhone. it doesnt have MMS support either. if you want to make it easy on yourself get the Curve and move on. every phone company it going to suck money out of your wallet... get over it. thats how they stay in business. you can get a free phone with a new contract and it will have MMS.

if the phone works on the GSM networks then all you have to do is transfer your SIM card. take it Tmo they will help you out.