I've been doing my research on getting a custom ringtone loaded on my ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum
Unlocked 7100t loading ringtone.
I've been doing my research on getting a custom ringtone loaded on my phone and here's where I'm stuck.
I don't have a data plan, so I have to download the .adp file I created using the sdk's 7100t simluator.
Now what happens is I can get to most sites like mobile41.com or mobileup.com but when I click on the .adp file all I get is a bunch of characters.. it doesn't download the actual files or attempt to play them in some sort of media player.
What am I missing?
Re: Unlocked 7100t loading ringtone.
Nevermind .. this post helped me.
Stack level 1
Feb 2007/3 posts
Re: Ring Tones and Pictures without a Data Plan
Hi guys, I've figured out the problem regarding my 7100g and the dreaded 406 error. This error was occuring even when attempting to grab .ADP files from sites that were known to have the correct MIME settings.
Ok, so the problem is that the either the latest MDS simulator OR the latest Device simulator package from BlackBerry does NOT work with .ADP files.
I am not sure which one was the culprit, as I decided to go back and download previous versions of both.
Here is the combination that worked for me, with my 7100g.
- Go to the BlackBerry Developer Download page
- Click on BlackBerry Simulators (bottom left)
- Click on 'Download a Device Simulator'
- Select 'BlackBerry Handheld Simulators v4.0.2' (right above the Chinese v4.0.0 one)
- Download the 'BlackBerry Handheld Simulator v22.214.171.124'
- Now, back on the BlackBerry Developer Download page
- Click on BlackBerry Simulators again (bottom lefT)
- Click on 'Download the BlackBerry email and MDS Services simulator package'
- Choose the BB email and MDS Simulator Package from the dropdown
- Select the SECOND package, the one that says 'BlackBerry Email and MDS Services Simulator Package v4.1'
This combination allowed me to succesfully play ADP files on the 7100g simulator. The newer versions did not.
Also, in the browser settings on the 7100g simulator, under OPTIONS -> Browser Configuration -> I changed the content mode to HTML only, and emulation mode to Microsoft IE. Please note that I tried this (and every other possible thing I could think of) with the newer simulation versions and NOTHING worked, I always got the 406 error.
Hope this helps someone.
Tags for this Thread