I hope im not repeating a question that has already been answered but here goes. ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

loki82 no está en línea Stack level 1

Unlocked 7100t

Advertisement

I hope im not repeating a question that has already been answered but here goes. I unlocked a Tmobile 7100t to be used with Cellular One, the phone service is fine and I have the Data service turned on but the phone wont connect to the network. I got the APN settings from Cellular One and tried to setup the host routing table but that failed. The phone has no service books and when I try to connect to the cellularone blackberry email setup with a pc I get to the username password setup screen and get a "system has encountered an unexpected error please try again". this error happened on 2 diffrent pc's on 2 web browsers. The only other thing that I find out of place is the PIN under status is a 7 digit # and is completely diffrent from the 8 digit # on the back of the phone. If anyone has any ideas or thoughts please let me know.

siliconvalley785 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2260D5E4
    If you got it from TigerDirect, yeah, that makes sense about the PINs not matching up. Their devices are refurbished, so they just make housing and chipboard changes, and resell the devices as such. I would rely on the software pin (the one in the handheld) as opposed to the one on the device's sticker. I would also include that to the IMEI, which is different on the sticker versus in the software.

Pritesh

Quote Originally Posted by siliconvalley785
    If you got it from TigerDirect, yeah, that makes sense about the PINs not matching up. Their devices are refurbished, so they just make housing and chipboard changes, and resell the devices as such. I would rely on the software pin (the one in the handheld) as opposed to the one on the device's sticker. I would also include that to the IMEI, which is different on the sticker versus in the software.

Pritesh
    It was from Ebay, and the IMEI number on the back is correct as it was used to unlock the phone. Ive talked to tmobile and Cellularone and neither one can figure out why the Pin is only 7 characters (8FF16FF) under the status menu instead of 202c7a93 which is on the back of the phone so if anyone has any ideas let me know

Anyone with any ideas on how to fix this? Will RIM br able to fix it if I give them a call?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    loki82, Welcome to PinStack.

I'm not able to help, but I would ask Cellular one to escalate it to RIM, with you on the Phone with them. Have you tried to contact the seller? I wonder if reinstalling the OS might help.

Let us know how it goes.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    loki82, Welcome to PinStack.

I'm not able to help, but I would ask Cellular one to escalate it to RIM, with you on the Phone with them. Have you tried to contact the seller? I wonder if reinstalling the OS might help.

Let us know how it goes.

Rcbjr
    I did try reinstalling the OS but there was no change, Cellular One gave me RIM's support number but refused to contact RIM with me 'cause its a TMobile phone .... Now that I think about it I got more help from T-Mobile than my own carrier, anyway I haven't tried to contact the seller since he sold it As-is because the operating system was giving him errors which were fixed by reinstalling.

I only payed $11 dollars for the phone so I wasn't really expecting much but I got it to at least to use voice so I think I might be getting greedy. (I think the only reason Im putting in an effort to get the data working is because I hate half working things more than I do broken ones lol)

z0ot no está en línea Stack level 1
    This may prove wholly immaterial to your problem, but it's worth a shot. Have you changed your SIM to one from your local service provider?

I'm a proud owner of a refurbished 7100T, too (from TigerDirect) . . . while there was little to indicate the thing was actually unlocked (it practically spews T-Mobile from every pore), it actually is.

Network connectivity wasn't happening for me, it turns out, 'cause the SIM in it was a T-mobile SIM and subsequently of little use. I'd have used my cell phone's SIM, except the reason I got the 7100 was to replace the cell phone my 1-1/2-year-old son ran off with and subsequently lost.

I ordered a new (unused) SIM on eBay for $5, called my provider when I installed it, and -- in about three minutes or so -- had my 7100 as a working stand-in for my missing cell.

John.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    z0ot, Welcome to PinStack.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

udussling no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just bought a 7100t from ebay I put my sim in , then started the 7100t and Its asking for a handheld unlock, what do I need to do? Please help