Hi Every1, This is my first day over here....and a my first post too.....am all ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

welcome no está en línea Stack level 1

Unlock 7130g....

Advertisement

Hi Every1,

This is my first day over here....and a my first post too.....am all excited about it....

firstly I just bought a 7130g off Ebay....and it is locked on ROgers network.......am on Fido.....any idea as how I can unlock 7130g......

any help would be much appreciated....

Thank You

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Unlock 7130g....

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Download the blank policy.bin file, place it in a good place on your hard drive, then edit the registry to point to it. The below directions have it all. When done, remember to un-edit the registy so you don't happen to blow away the settings on someone else's Blackberry that might connect to your system in the future.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._i_remove.html

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

welcome - welcome to pinstack!

unless it was a used BB with BES installed, you won't need to remove IT policy...but you will probably need to pay to unlock it.
    you can always try to call Rogers and see if they will give you the unlock code. it wouldn't hurt...but don't cross your fingers.
    another source that seems to have helped a lot out here is www.gsmphonesource.com

good luck - let us know how it goes!

welcome no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks a lot for your responses

I tried searching on the net for the unlocking codes and everything and after 3 painstaking hours I got one of the 2 people in the world (other than the providers) who can unlock this for me. Though it is coming at a cost of 109 CDN. Am not too sure if it is worth spending that money. Though I got the phone for cheap (250 CDN only). I am getting the phone today or tommorrow and will look at it and try and make the decision.

Am sure gonna be active over here now. This place seems to give a hell lot of information to me about blackberry's.

Thank You

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3

I don't think I have ever seen a place that can unlock the 7130g. I guess that is why the ones you found will charge quite a bit.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Welcome to the Forum!

I did some research amongst the shops that I know who do BB unlocking.

Unfortunately none of them have unlock codes for the G model 7130. It seems like they can unlock others like the 7130c [I had mine done]. Perhaps the Carrier is the only one with the codes for the G.

~via BB 7130c (wap.pinstack.com)~