Has anyone else noticed this. I have a 7100i, and I have auto lock set ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Unknown Caller when device is locked?

Advertisement

Has anyone else noticed this. I have a 7100i, and I have auto lock set to 30 minutes. I would do upon holster but I pull it out at least every five minutes, no pun intended. When the device is locked, whether in our out of my holster, and someone either calls me or *beeps* me, it will say unknown caller. If I continue with the *beep, or even the call, the duration of the call it will say unkown caller. If I hurry up and unlock my Berry, it will show the correct caller's info. Weird? or Normal? Its my first Berry, so.....what do others think?

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Unknown Caller when device is locked?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Sounds like a similar isssue I had on my 7100i. Only with one contact it would do it.. Every once in a while when I'd get chirped from my sister, the number would appear, but Unknown for the name. I thought it got erased from the phonebook, and ended up adding it again till it was in there 5 times! Then it seemed to stop. I never had the Lock settings on though.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

After getting off the phone with BB Support, they say its normal for a 7100i to do that. I think they were just wanting me to get off the phone! Thanks for your response. I can deal with it, till a new Berry comes out.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

LOL You could always convert to the Sprint side and get the new Push To Talk 7130e LOL

PIN/ID
    3056468b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)
    Seriously, I was thinking that. I could use the EVDO, and I wouldn't miss the antenna! Who knows, ill have to talk to my IT department to see if they can incorporate the 7130e in our BES!